Job Title: Requirements Analyst
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
SolarNow is a distribution and finance company that sells high quality solar product and appliances to households and businesses in Uganda. The company started in 2011 and has since opened 47 branches throughout Uganda, 12 more branches in Kenya, and employs over 800 people.
Job Summary: The Requirements Analyst or engineer is the individual who has the primary responsibility to elicit, analyze, validate, specify, verify, and manage the real needs of the project stakeholders, including customers and end users. The requirements analyst serves as the conduit between the customer community and the software development team through which requirements flow. A requirements analyst is involved at some level throughout the entire system or software development life cycle. Upon establishment of the requirements baseline, the focus is shifted towards the management of the requirements specification and verifying the fulfillment of all requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and work-flow analysis, and/or viewpoints.
- Write requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely.
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements and quality, specified in an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by the developers.
- Define quality attributes, external interfaces, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements.
- Participate in requirements prioritization.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the SolarNow Requirements Analyst job placement should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT, or any related field.
- One to two years of related work experience.
- Concrete understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Ability to collect business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Good interviewing and listening skills.
- Modeling skills, to represent requirements information in graphical forms that augment textual representations in natural language, including using modeling languages.
- Experience with ERP systems and understands it’s key functionality.
- Experience with Linux OS.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications to the Human Resource Manager, SolarNow Uganda Services via e-mail to email@example.com with their updated CVs (no other documents). Please indicate position title as the subject of the Email.
Deadline: 30th April 2018