Job Title: Human Resources Officer
Our client, a fastest growing international micro-finance with its head office in Kampala Uganda, seeks qualified and experienced people to urgently fill the above position.
Job Summary: The Human Resources (HR) Officer should technically support the micro-finance finance company through the provision of human resource generalist functions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. HR Administration – (40%)
Preparation of job descriptions in conjunction with the Head of HR and the relevant departmental heads:
- In charge of maintaining and updating employee files;
- Responsible for the preparation and issuance of employee contracts;
- Responsible for conducting exit interviews with all staff who exit the organization and assists in managing the exit process;
- Makes sure that there is timely inclusion of employees in Group Life, WIBA and Medical Insurance schemes immediately upon attainment of permanency.
Responsible for Leave Management:
- Responsible for regular updating of the leave register and filing of all leave forms;
- Follows up with the branches to ensure all leave forms are received by the HR department;
- Responsible for regular updating of the leave accruals register;
- Works with the branches and other departments in the preparation of leave planners.
Staff Loans Management:
- Receives, processes and forwards staff loan applications for approval by the various departmental heads prior to payout;
- Maintains and updates the various staff loan registers within the region
- Receives documentation for new appointments and ensures it is processed within the set timelines;
- Prepares relevant documentation for transfers, promotions and terminations;
- Assists in updating human resource policies as and when required;
- Ensures that all reports are sent to the relevant parties as per the agreed upon timelines;
- Responsible for conducting HR reference checks / character references for all employees within the first month of employment;
- Maintains records of bursaries and assists in monitoring the progress of beneficiaries;
- Works closely with various departments to ensure performance appraisals are carried out accordingly and the assessments are received within the HR department within the agreed upon timelines.
2. Recruitment –( 20%)
- Assists in the recruitment of staff within central support departments in the region;
- Carries out preliminary interviews and screens applicants for basic compliance with position qualifications;
- Schedules final interviews and follows up with departmental heads to provide feedback on each candidate;
- Responsible for taking candidates through online assessments as and when required;
- Works closely with recruitment agencies to fill vacant positions as and when required;
- Sits in the recruitment motivation sessions to critically analyze the interview reports for all candidates and provide recommendation for appointment;
- Make sure that all recruitment policies, procedures and techniques are adhered to;
- Ensures vacancies are filled with the suitable candidates within the agreed upon timelines;
- Maintains a recruitment scorecard as per the annual staff budget.
3. Payroll Management – (15%)
- In charge of the preparation and timely submission of monthly payroll schedules
- Updates the monthly payroll with the details of new employees, transfers, promotions and exits, while ensuring accuracy of data;
- Ensures that all payroll changes are authorized prior to implementation;
- Responsible for the preparation of incentive schedules based on monthly scorecards, from the monthly operational reports.
4. Training and Development – (10%)
- Assists in conducting new staff orientation;
- Assists the Head of HR in identifying training needs within the organization;
- Support the Head of HR in the co-ordination of skills audits and training and development initiatives to address competency gaps and skills needed within the region;
- Responsible for maintaining accurate training records.
5. Employee Relations and Welfare – (10%)
- Assists the Head of HR in drafting summaries of hearing proceedings and sits in place of the Head of HR as an independent body in his / her absence;
- Supports the Head of HR in providing guidance on company policies and procedures and in-country legislation to line management and other employees, so as to ensure that employment conflict is effectively managed;
- Works with Staff Welfare representatives across the branches for the co-ordination of staff welfare initiatives across the region;
- Assists in the implementation and management of the Benevolent Fund and SACCO.
6. General – (5%)
- Responsible for the coordination and completion of adhoc HR projects as and when they arise;
- Perform any other duty in accordance with the human resource function as and when requested.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should ideally hold a Bachelor’s degree in business with a focus on Human Resources
- Possession of Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resources will be an added advantage
- At least two years’ human resource generalist experience
- Excellent Planning & Organizing/Work Management Skills
- Structured thought process
- Be a Strategic thinker
- High degree of Personal integrity, Confidentiality and Tact capabilities
- Possess the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Results driven and goal focused
- Self motivated
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly fluent in oral and written English & Kiswahili
- Excellent Teamwork/Collaboration ability
- Proficient computer skills
- Sound core knowledge of applicable labour legislation
- Excellent problem Solving / Judgement skills
How to Apply for the job:
If you meet the aforementioned requirements, urgently email your updated CV to
Frank Management Consult Limited
Nyaku House, 1st Floor.
Email: email@example.com and cc to firstname.lastname@example.org