APA Insurance was formed in 2003 after the merger of the general businesses of Apollo Insurance Company and Pan Africa General Insurance. With a combined experience of over 100 years (Pan Africa General – 1946 and Apollo 1977), APA has become the largest insurance firm in Kenya and the most innovative in product offering.
APA Insurance underwrites General Insurance risks including Motor, Liability, Aviation, Marine, Agriculture, Property, and Micro Insurance. We also underwrite Health Insurance, i.e. Corporate Health schemes, Individual & Family Health Insurance.
Job Summary: The Head of Marketing will be responsible for providing leadership to the marketing team and developing profitable book of business with licensed intermediaries and direct clients
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the company’s annual budget are met
- Offering team leadership to the marketing team
- Maintain a strong company brand and benchmark in the market by proactively sourcing, identifying and managing business from new and existing business channels
- Steer the identification of new business opportunities
- Recruit, train and oversee Agency force to generate substantial agency business portfolio
- Manage the companies’ branches including opening of new branches Develop, review and implement marketing strategy
- Providing a quality control function as regards to the quotations, placing slips and other marketing material
- Works in liaison with other internal departments Customer service
- Compile and send regular reports on production and targets for management meetings Monitoring marketing targets and generation of performance statistics
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of ten or more years’ experience in the general insurance industry with proven excellence at management/leadership level
- Demonstrated skills in developing an agency force
- Possesses professional insurance qualification of ACM or FCII or progression towards qualification
- Possess excellent interpersonal, organizational and administrative skills.
- Demonstrate strong leadership as well as good mentoring and coaching skills.
- Demonstrate a track record for profitability, breadth and depth of technical knowledge in all insurance matters and an understanding of the Insurance market and processes.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified Ugandans are encouraged to apply by sending an application letter demonstrating their competencies as above accompanied with and updated CV addressed to Head of Human Resources to: email@example.com
Deadline: 21st November 2014