Job Title: Manager, Education
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children and has program presence in over 120 countries in the world. Save the Children envisions a Uganda in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We strive to create impact for children by delivering our Programmes through partnerships, by being innovative, by acting as the voice for and of children, and by achieving results at scale. In Uganda, we implement programmes in six thematic programme areas of Child Protection, Child Rights Governance, Education, Livelihoods & Food Security, Health, Nutrition and HIV/AIDS in development and emergency contexts. Save the Children delivers programs in over 36 districts in the North, Rwenzori, North-Eastern and Central regions of Uganda, Currently, Save the Children has a staff complement of over 170 persons. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfill their potential. In 2012, we reached more than 100 million children around the world.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Manager will be responsible and accountable for the overall management and implementation of education programme, development, new partnership initiation, development and management, programme budgeting, budgetary and financial management, programme and financial reporting, human resources management, and administrative trouble shooting and support within the region.
- He / She will also offer technical programme management and implementation responsibilities include developing project plans, budgets and implementation plans, managing the accomplishment of targeted results and indicators, oversee programme budgets and accounts to ensure adherence to approved budget and work plans, undertaking routine budget monitoring and budget revisions, leading in the definition of M&E plans and indicators, monitoring and supervising sub recipient partners, preparing timely and high quality programme and financial reports, and taking initiatives and actions to ensure that programme implementation is in compliance with all Save the Children and donor requirements, rules and regulations.
- In addition, the manager will ensure effective representation liaison between Save the Children and other key stakeholders like INGOs, CSOs, Local Authorities and visiting donors and stakeholders at the local and regional level to promote extensive participation of Save the Children programme and activities.
- The manager is also responsible for providing technical assistance and appropriate monitoring and evaluation in emergency responses.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The applicant should possess a Bachelors Degree in an education related field. Post Graduate training in Project Management, Community Development or a Master’s degree in any relevant field is an added advantage.
- Experience in education in emergencies is an added advantage
- A minimum of seven years progressive experience in programme implementation, management and development and three of these should be in a management position in an international development organization.
- Previous experience supervising community based social development and education projects with International NGOs particularly those addressing children’s rights and those applying partnership approaches is desirable.
How to Apply for the job:
All interested candidates should submit their applications with cover letters and a detailed CVs indicating three professional referees, two of whom should have been direct supervisors should be submitted to: The Director of Human Resources & Administration Save the Children Plot 68/70, Kiira Road P O Box 12018, Kampala, Uganda Or on email: [email protected]
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
NB: Testimonials/certificates should not be attached to applications that are submitted online. Candidates are therefore encouraged to apply at the earliest opportunity.
Deadline: Friday, 10th January 2014