Our Client, SOS Children’s Villages Uganda is a member of SOS Kinderdorf International, a worldwide, independent, non-governmental social development organization that has been working to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children since 1949. SOS Children’s Villages Uganda is a locally registered Trust with a local governing body: the Board of Trustees.
It has been operating since 1989 and currently has projects caring for more than 2,500 children in four locations at Kakiri, Entebbe, Gulu and Fort Portal. The various projects include SOS Children’s Villages, Community outreach programmes, Kindergartens, schools, medical centres and social centres.
- Steer, Control and Coordinates School Activities and programmes involving both the Kindergarten and primary head teachers in developing a comprehensive school development plan.
- Develop and generate high quality education programmes ensuring that each child’s educational needs is properly reviewed and monitored
- Produce a balanced academic and practical learning making sure that practical components of science subjects are taught adequately.
- Maintain accurate records of individual files of each school child, including records of academic progress, achievements, disciplinary problems among others
- Steer the development of efficient and effective staff team in the school; overseeing staff development needs for teachers.
- Conducts performance reviews for staff all administrative staff ensuring that all performance discussions are comprehensive and well documented.
- Technically support the Human Resource Department in the recruitment and selection of staff within the school setting.
- Oversee the orientation and induction of both teachers and other newly recruited staff.
- Compile and provide quarterly financial status report of the school, in conjunction with the finance department at National Office
- Monitors the use and expenditure of approved school budgets ensuring that school welfare and office supplies are effectively budgeted for.
- Supports the Family Strengthening & Family Based Care facilities in planning & implementing their education programs.
- Promotes the SOS Children’s Villages Brand and mobilise funds for the facility.
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree in secondary school education or a post graduate qualification in education or related field from a recognised institution.
- At least three to five years’ experience in managing and Heading a modern school is desirable.
- He/she should have the potential, ability & passion of promoting academic & co-curricular excellence of the school.
- The ideal candidate should have good experience in working with parents, PTAs and Ministry of education and the Uganda National Examinations Board.
- Excellent planning, budgeting and organisational skills with keen attention to detail is required
- Good knowledge and understanding of the current school curriculum & UNEB syllabi is a MUST.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to initiate good team understanding and people management
- Good practical knowledge of commonly used computer software (word, outlook, excel, power point) with strong written and oral communications skills is an added advantage.
- Willingness to work for extra hours.
Deadline: Friday 6th June 2014