Job Title: Key Accounts Manager, Seed Care
Syngenta East Africa is the world’s leading crop protection company with more than 28,000 employees in over 90 countries dedicated to promoting sustainable agriculture through world-class science, global research and commitment to helping customers increase crop productivity, protect the environment and improve health and quality of life.
Job Summary: The Key Account Manager will be responsible for managing
customer relationships for leading Seed Care key account customers within Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia and Zimbabwe, developing customized offers that respond to the business needs and supporting a successful and sustainable business partnership.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Building and maintaining relationships with third party seed companies that have commercial activities in the assigned countries;
- Creating and executing key account campaigns aligned with regional Key Account strategy;
- Creating and monitoring joint development programs with accounts to further enhance competitive position in the market;
- Aggressively conducting market penetration activities and leading the registration processes for all Syngenta products in new regions;
- Monitoring seed market environment and trends while providing input into crop portfolio strategies;
- Coordinating main activities with the key accounts including contracts, stewardship and services;
- Working closely with Regional Key Accounts to implement commercial contracts , pricing and service strategies;
- Planning and monitoring of Key Accounts supply situation; and
- Managing additional seed care resources to be deployed in the territory.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture from a recognized institution;
- A minimum of ten years’ progressive experience in market development within the agribusiness sector, with a minimum of 3 years at managerial level;
- Technical understanding of crop protection products and regional farming trends; and
- Possess the ability to effectively collect and interpret market intelligence.
How to apply for the job:
If you believe your career objectives match the above roles, please forward your application and detailed CV stating your current position, remuneration, contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience addressed to:
Executive Selection Division,
Deloitte Consulting Limited,
Deloitte Place, Waiyaki Way, Muthangari
P.O Box 40092 00100 Nairobi
Deadline: 1st August 2014