Title: Administrative Assistant (2 Jobs)
The Uganda Human Rights Commission was established under Article 51 (1) the 1995 Constitution of the Republic of Uganda. The Constitution of the Republic of Uganda Articles 52, 53 and Uganda Human Rights Commissions’ Act of 1997 provide the legal mandate, functions and the powers of the Commission.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will support the Regional Human Rights Officer in performing secretarial and administrative functions for the office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drawing up and monitoring appointments.
- Taking dictation, transcribing and presenting accurate and error free work
- Cordially receiving and forwarding telephone calls to staff and direct external calls,
- Responsible for maintaining safety of Commission records and data in the Regional office
- Organizing Regional Office meetings, taking minutes and circulating decisions to the relevant action offices;
- Performing any other duties and responsibilities assigned from time to time by a responsible Officer.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Diploma or its equivalent in Secretarial Studies from a recognized institution
- At least three (3) years’ experience in Secretarial work, or similar experience from a recognized institution.
- Proven shorthand and typing ability through knowledge of modern office procedures/ equipment is an added advantage
- Skills in Information and Communications Technology;
- Excellent planning, organizing and coordinating skills
- Skills in records and Information Management;
- Excellent Public Relations and Customer Care skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High degree of Confidentiality; and excellent time management skills
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates should send two copies of their applications with attached passport photographs, together with detailed CV, including two (2) professional referees with reliable telephone/ e-mail addresses, photocopies of academic and professional certificates. The complete applications should physically be hand delivered to the Commission Headquarters on the location below or sent through the post office:
The Secretary to the Commission Uganda Human Rights Commission, P.O. Box 4929, Kampala Plot 22, Lumumba Avenue, Uganda.
Deadline: 30th June, 2014