Job Title:Principal Concession Officer – Statistics
Uganda Railways Corporation (URC) is a body corporate established under an Act of Parliament to construct, operate and maintain railway marine and road services both inside and outside Uganda for the carriage of passengers and goods. As a result of privatisation of operations, the mandate of URC changed from that of an operator to that of Asset holder, concession monitor and advisor on railway technical matters.
The URC Principal Concession Officer – Statistics will primarily inspect, investigate, verify, monitor and evaluate the concessionaire’s performance in regards to financial, operations, Investment, management performance et al as per the concession agreement, and provide advice on best practice in line with the Concession Agreement.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide information to be used in developing strategies for the operational and long term plans, for railway sector.
- Actively participate in preparation of reports for key performance indicators (Financial and Operational) of the Concessionaire for URC and determine actual concession fees to be paid by the concessionaire.
- Collect data relating to locomotive/wagon movements, number of times in and out of the country, import and export behavior and production plans of the Concessionaire in relation to the railways sector.
- Actively participate in incoming and outgoing traffic focus as per data provided by the Concessionaire, analyze the business environment and extrapolates to yearly plan.
- Conduct all cost recovery studies as instructed and monitors all possible avenues from which concession fees may be legitimately claimed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in either Economics, Statistics, Transport Economics, Transport planning, Transport Engineering, Logistics, Chartered Institute of Logistics &Transport or any other relevant qualification
- Possess a PGD in Transport Planning or Transport Engineering will be an added advantage
- A minimum of three years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation of concessions
- Good working knowledge of railway operations will be an added advantage
Age: Above 30 years
How to apply for the job:
All interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications in a sealed envelope indicating the post they have applied for addressed to the Managing Director, Uganda Railways Corporation, P.O. Box 7150, Kampala, Plot 57 Nasser Road, and delivered at the Corporation’s Managing Director’s Office. The complete application should be accompanied with recently updated CVs, present position, current remuneration, Certified copies of academic certificates and testimonials and complete addresses of three (3) referees with working telephone contacts and email addresses.
Deadline: 18th July, 2014