Job Title: Chief of Field Office, Fort Portal
UNICEF, the United Nations Children’s Fund, is the driving force that helps build a world where the rights of every child are realized. Uganda is one of the over 190 countries and territories around the world where we work to overcome the obstacles that poverty, violence, disease, and discrimination place in a child’s path.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The UNICEF employee will be responsible for the provision of leadership and guidance in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the national level programme of cooperation as it pertains to the area served by the Zonal office, including emergencies, ensuring consistency with the national level strategies and objectives;
- Represent UNICEF in meetings with local authorities as well as multi-lateral, bilateral agencies and NGOs;
- Expertly negotiate and advocate programme goals and strategies and identify strategic alliances, and influence District Development Plans and budgets to facilitate achievement of programme results;
- Coordinate with the Operations/Supply staff on supply and non-supply assistance activities ensuring proper and timely UNICEF and counterpart accountability;
- Ensure effective management of the zonal office through proper leadership, planning, control, organisation and motivation of staff in accordance with UNICEF personnel rules and regulations, financial policies and procedures to develop and administer the current country programme.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal UNICEF Chief of Field Office should possess an advanced university degree in Social Sciences, or a related technical field.
- At least eight years of progressively responsible professional work experience at national and international levels in social development, management, monitoring and reporting.
- Familiarity and experience in coordination with other UN agencies, government and NGO partners.
- Past exposure and experience in emergencies.
- Prior experience in management of staff, logistics and financial assets required.
- Fluency in English is required and strong written and verbal communications skill therein strongly desirable.
Core Values (Required): Commitment; Diversity and Inclusion; Integrity
Core Competencies (Required): Communication; Working with People; Drive for Results
- Functional Competencies (Required): Leading and Supervising; Formulating Strategies and Concepts; Analyzing; Applying Technical Expertise; Planning and Organizing
How to apply for the job:
- ONLY Ugandan Nationals will be considered.
- UNICEF is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff; qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applications will be considered only if accompanied by an updated CV and P11 form, as well as the most recent performance evaluation report.
- If applications are sent by email, please clearly indicate the position applied for and use this order to name your file attachments: Firstname_Lastname followed by document e.g. Gold_MukasaP11 or Gold_MukasaCV or Gold_ MukasaApplication.
- UNICEF is a smoke free environment.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Applicants interested in the above position should send their resume to:
Human Resource Specialist,
UNICEF Kampala, Uganda,
Plot 9, George Street,
P.O. Box 7047, Kampala-Uganda.
Via email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 24th March, 2014