Apply for the job of Stores Assistant at World Vision
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice in over 40 districts of Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Stores Assistant will ensure proper receipt, safe custody /storage, and distribution of all inventory in compliance with inventory / WVU stores operation procedures.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
· Ensure that all commodities arriving at the Store and leaving the Store are properly accounted for.
· Assist Stores Officer in loading and off-loading of the commodities ensure it is properly undertaken.
· Assist Stores Officer in managing and arranging of items in store for easy retrieval and dispatch
· Assist Stores Officer to follow up and keeping track of all outstanding orders from procurement.
· Develop, prepare asset/inventory disposal listings and provide assistance to the Stores officer in ensuring successful disposal of organization assets.
· Apply all the general rules of Store operations
2. Commodity Accounting:
· Keep daily and accurate records of stock movements (commodities received and dispatched including the destinations)
· Facilitate engraving of Organization assets/inventory before issuing them out to respective users.
3. Reporting: Ensuring that Store reports are submitted by the 1st day of the following month
4. Capacity building: Provide on-the-job training for Casual labourers, Interns and any other staff assigned to stores operations
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
· The Stores Assistant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree from a University in Business administration/Stores Management/Procurement Management or any other related course.
· Good working knowledge of stores management, transport, shipping and inventory management.
· At least two years experience preferable with a busy NGO or UN agency, in inventory handling tracking and accounting.
· Knowledge of USAID regulations pertaining to relief inventory tracking accounting and reporting.
· Self starter, able to accomplish the tasks with minimal or no supervision. Must be keen on details and well organized individual.
· All applicants must be mature and committed Christians who possess the ability to demonstrate an active involvement with their faith and are also able to appreciate and stand above denominational diversities.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates must send their applications with complete Curriculum Vitae, via email to: [email protected] Please address the application to the People and Culture Specialist (Recruitment) and do indicate the post title in the email subject line.
NB: Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: Apply before 10th January, 2014