Job Title: Branch Accountant
NFT Consult, a leading HR Consultancy firm, seeks to recruit for it valuable client, a global supplier of transport and logistics solutions with offices in more than 70 countries and an international network of partners and agents. The company has three divisions i.e. DSV Road, DSV Air & Sea and DSV Solutions. NFT Human Resource Solutions are customer tailored per industry requirements and are geared towards increased cost savings, process improvement leading to improved efficiency and effectiveness yet simultaneously strengthening quality and control of resources.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of day-to-day general ledger vouchers and job-related journal vouchers.
- To effect cancellation of cash payment/receipt vouchers wrongly posted.
- Ensure proper supporting to payment vouchers.
- Ensure proper invoice/pre-alert attached with each receipt.
- Verify exchange rate collected in case of local currency.
- Ensure filing of vouchers in the appropriate files.
- Set-off entries for debtors and creditors accounts.
- Exchange rate set-off entries for transactions in local currency.
- Month-end journal entries for finalization of accounts
2. Legal Compliance
- Check the monthly sales day book and purchase day book as prepared by the cashier.
- Ensure the preparation and filing of VAT, NSSF, PAYE and Withholding returns every month.
- Ensure the preparation and filing of City Council return every quarter.
- Ensure the preparation and filing of Advance tax return every quarter.
- Ensure the preparation and filing of Directors return every year.
3. Intercompany & Agents
- Responsible for conducting intercompany reconciliation and balance confirmation with other stations.
- Sending SOA on fortnightly basis.
- Accounting of entries in ICM-inbox.
- Send reminders to other stations to transfer confirmed balance to Dubai.
- Send reminders to agents as and when payments become due
- Coordinate with auditors, lawyers, insurers, bankers and tax authorities.
- Coordinate with local branches relating to deposit of money into bank, reimbursement for expenses, monthly expenses statement and balance confirmation.
- Coordinate with Operations in job costing, job closing and GP analysis.
- Maintenance of employee files, leaves, staff loans.
- Maintaining insurance policies and renewal.
- Maintaining the stationery requirement of office.
- Maintaining the fixed assets register.
5. MIS Reports
- Finalization of monthly accounts and preparation of performance report.
- Preparation of other monthly, fortnightly and daily MIS reports.
- Preparation of GP reports and Debtors Analysis on fortnightly basis.
- Compilation and preparation of various other reports as advised by management from time to time.
- Finalization of Trial Balance for local audit report filing.
6. Financial Activities:
- Checking and ensuring the cash payment vouchers are posted in correct accounts.
- Checking and verifying the cashier cash balance daily and ensure preparation, approval of cash book.
- Receive the daily collections from cashier and safe-keeping.
- Deposit cash into the bank after keeping aside minimum funds requirement.
- Making sure that there is enough currency-wise cash balances in the office.
- Maintaining cheque books and issuing payment to suppliers, creditors as and when due.
- Remittance of funds to overseas and local agents as and when payments become due.
- Remittance of funds to origin stations as when bank balances reach transferable stage.
- Preparation of invoice detail as per local banking regulations for the T.T remittances.
- Ensure minimum bank balances to let cheques pass.
- Bank Reconciliation every two weeks.
- Checking the actual expenses/income in comparison to budget and prepare variances.
- Preparation of monthly payroll and ensure disbursement to staff.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field i.e. Accounting, Business Administration with a major in Finance or Accounting, Bachelor of Commerce.
- Professional qualification i.e. ACCA, CPA and related.
- A minimum of three years related experience preferably with a busy working environment.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Good problem solving skills and ability.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates should visit the web link below and create a profile on the NFT Consult website by entering their e-mail addresses. Please visit web link below and click Apply now if convinced you have the job requirements. The applications/CVs should be prepared in English and submitted in either MS Word or PDF format will be considered.