Coca-Cola Sabco (CCS) secured Century Bottling Company Limited is looking for a qualified person to apply the job of Engineering Manager.
Coca-Cola Sabco (CCS) secured Century Bottling Company Limited (CBC) in 1995. CBC has two plants, one in Mbarara and one in Namanve, Kampala, which has since set new standards for bottling operations in Uganda. CBC has 664 employees.
Job Summary: The job holder will facilitate the development of top class engineers, implementation and execution of processes and systems across all engineering capabilities, plant and services in order to maintain assets in such a manner that will ensure maximum efficiencies and return on investment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensured optimum deployment of plant and equipment through people and systems (40%)
- Complete skills gap analysis
- Support operations to draft development plans and ensure execution and implementation.
- Source T&D providers/Tools
- Source additional funding
- Ensures succession plans are in place for all roles within engineering.
- Facilitates processes/measures in conjunction with HR to ensure retention of engineering staff.
2. Developed and implemented medium term engineering strategy (20%)
- Develop strategy for a maintenance system for plant, facilities
- Ensures that engineering audits maturity levels are met and gaps are closed.
- Provide guidance for annual business plans
- Align Capex and funds with strategy
- Align capacity plans with sales outputs
- Continuous monitoring of strategy outputs and making the necessary adjustments to ensure desired results
3. Ensured EOSH legislative requirements are met in operations (15%)
- Local SHEQ legislation
- Hazardous material management
- Energy management
- Safety; lock-out procedures, permits, HACCP, Handling gas cylinders/pressure vessels,
- Environment/waste management
- First Aid
4. Facilitated focused improvement initiatives (15%)
- Ensure return on investment for all initiatives
- Motivate extraneous investment opportunities
- Facilitate benchmarking against best practice
5. Managed projects (10%)
- Manage early equipment management process to ensure readiness for new equipment.
- Scoping new project’s needs.
- Carry overall responsibility for all smaller projects.
- Approves small projects
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized Institution
- At least eight (8) years practical experience of maintenance systems
- Five years bottling experience
- Business process & Systems analysis
- Project Management Skills
- Maintenance management skills i.e. Strategic planning, Negotiation skills, Financial Acumen, EOSH knowledge
- Engineering knowledge principles
- Procurement understanding
- Reading and interpretation of equipment manuals
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Computer literacy skills.
- Bottling process knowledge
- People management skills
- SAP skills (MM and PM modules)
- Analytical ability
- Leadership skills
- Understanding training and development principles
- Conflict management
- Change management
- IR skills
- Influencing skills
- Good communication skills
- TPM knowledge
- Engineering audit process
- Personal Characteristics
- Self-starter/self-driven, Leader/motivator, Strong internal locus of control i.e. Stable personality, Influencer
- Innovator, Results oriented, Have good judgment
- Excellent team player
How to Apply: Click Here