Apply for the job of Human Resources and Administration Coordinator.
Since its establishment in 2002 by President William J. Clinton, CHAI has worked on the demand and supply sides of the market to help more than 2 million HIV+ people access the medicines needed for treatment—representing nearly half of all people on HIV treatment in developing countries. Building on this model, CHAI has expanded its scope to include efforts to strengthen healthcare delivery systems and to combat malaria and childhood illnesses.
Job Summary: The HR and Administration Coordinator will focus on staff welfare, professional development, office management, and administration and will report directly to the Deputy Country Director.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the formulation and implementation of HR, administration and staff welfare policies
- Ensure that CHAI’s HR policies and practices are compliant with Ugandan law and CHAI global policies, including recruiting, benefits, and work authorization
- Manage staff welfare, conflict resolution, and grievance handling to create and foster a productive work environment
- Oversee the staff recruitment process and develop a database to track applicants and ensure an efficient process and timely feedback
- Work with the Deputy Country Director and Program Managers to develop and implement a comprehensive professional development strategy, including organizational learning, new skills acquisition, and talent development
- Track staff leave days and generate a leave tracker report on a monthly basis
- Maintain CHAI personnel files and ensure that all individual records are up-to-date
- Coordinate with insurance vendor to ensure provision of top quality medical coverage for staff and their families
- Liaise with CHAI’s legal, security and compliance teams
- Support procurement and monitor stock of office supplies, kitchen supplies and programmatic materials; maintain a tracking system for office equipment
- Monitor and oversee the general appearance and maintenance of the office
- Ensure that appropriate arrangements for visitors are made, including pickups, hotel and air bookings, and other travel arrangements; maintain a visitors log
- Maintain a list of service providers and contacts, developing and adhering to agreed rates
- Organize meetings and conferences, including coordination with external parties and organization on venues, food, transport, etc.
- Generate letters and communications to support office administration
- Ensure the proper filing of important documents (hard and soft copies)
- Perform other responsibilities, as needed
Qualifications, Skills and Responsibilities:
- The applicant should possess a first degree, ideally in Business Administration, HR or other related field; post graduate training is an added advantage
- At least three years work experience in office administration and/or human resources
- Competent computer skills, particularly in Word and Excel
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and work independently
- Ability to learn on the job quickly and absorb/synthesize a broad range of information
- Strong communications skills—both written and oral
- Strong work ethic and flexibility
- Experience with procurement and/or accounting is an added advantage
How to Apply:
If you desire to work with the Clinton Health Initiative (CHAI), please feel free to visit the website below for details