Organisation: Barclays Bank UK
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head Commercial – Business Banking
About Barclays UK:
Barclays is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London. It is a universal bank with operations in retail, wholesale and investment banking, as well as wealth management, mortgage lending and credit cards. It has operations in over 50 countries and territories and has around 48 million customers. As of 31 December 2011, Barclays had total assets of US$2.42 trillion, the seventh-largest of any bank worldwide.
Job Summary: The Relationship Manager BB Commercial will have the major responsibility of maximizing risk-adjusted portfolio contribution. The incumbent will oversee and sustain a portfolio of Commercial Banking customers, building long term relationships founded on efficient and reliable support for their business. This is achieved particularly through quick risk decisions and managing consistency and quality of operational service. The jobholder will be responsible for business development both with new customers and with existing customers where they are expected to increase “wallet share”.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Sales and Service: 40%
· Grow the portfolio profitability by identifying new and existing customer potential including sales opportunities and new product promotion initiatives.
· Organize customer meetings that have well defined call objectives, desired outcomes and a well-constructed plan.
· Manage and find solutions to customer complaints
· Regularly communicate all key messages to customers including agreed service standards, negotiated pricing, relationship team contact points (including introductions to new personnel) and new product changes
· Carry out annual and if appropriate, interim reviews of customers borrowing facilities
· Conduct annual and if appropriate, interim reviews with non-borrowing customers
· Determine the products that are most effective in meeting customers’ needs and be able to sell these at short notice both reactively and proactively
· Provide leadership in areas of expertise, particularly in the structuring of credits and the provision of products and services to customers.
2. Business Management: 30%
· Manage performance against key financial (risk-adjusted contribution) sales, service and operational targets.
· Regularly consult customer owners/managers on financial/ credit issues and general business practice/ideas.
· Work in liaison with the Head of Commercial Banking in driving and delivering business performance in the country
· Research, create and follow up on a target list for potential new business
· Identify priority customers using the Customer Relationship Planning templates to assess their present and potential contribution.
· Work closely with Associate Relationship Managers and Credit Managers to ensure that credit applications for new and existing facilities are correctly prepared in accordance with existing policies/guidelines.
· Ensure adequate control of the quality of the portfolio, using available triggers and adherence to Risk management guidelines and policies
3. Colleague Management: 30%
· Support team members to identify strengths and weakness in their own skills and attributes, review their self-development plans and ensure training and development needs are accommodated.
· Coach team members on relationship development, service quality and risk management.
· Assess Associate Relationship Managers on performance against contract. Review and input Performance Development Reviews.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should have a broad understanding and knowledge of the Core set products
· Good knowledge of the products and services available in the SME Banking Sector is also required
· Familiarity with the policies and strategies within the country as they relate to the demands of the customer base
· Detailed understanding of Country and CBRM guidelines and credit risk policies
· Working knowledge of the Barclays Africa Change Governance Framework
· Solid understanding of value based management principles
· Exceptional relationship and interpersonal skills
· Strong selling and negotiation skills
· Excellent presentation skills
· Good relationship Skills
· Excellent credit risk skills
· Good leadership and Team Skills
· Excellent communications Skills
· Commercial/sales focus
· Skills in business development
· High degree of innovation
· Skills in decision making
· Team Results
· Good listening skills
· Analysis and judgement
How to Apply for the job:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, currentcurriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below: