Uganda Management Institute (UMI) is looking for a qualified person to apply for the job of Public Relations Assistant.
Uganda Management Institute (UMI) is a Management Development Institution with a mission “To Excel in Developing Practical and Sustainable Administration, Leadership and Management Capacity”. It provides management training, consultancy and research services in response to the demands of the public, private, and NGO sectors. In addition to short performance improvement management skills development courses, the Institute offers high quality career development management courses at Certificate, Diploma, Postgraduate Diploma and Higher Degree Levels. The Institute’s activities are currently carried out at the main campus in Kampala and its Outreach Centers in Mbarara, Gulu and Mbale.
Key Duties and Responsibilities for the Job:
- Receiving visitors and directing them to the officers they wish to see or who can handle their cases.
- Handling inquiries from visitors/clients and referring them to other officers where necessary.
- Receiving and transmitting messages to members of staff and participants where required.
- Handling incoming and outgoing telephone calls in accordance with guidelines issued by the Institute Authorities.
- Looking after the telephone equipment and reporting any faults to the Technician.
- Ensuring the promotion of a good image of the Institute in the manner in which clients, participants and staff are handled.
- Ensuring that the Front Desk Office is well arranged and managed.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by superiors
Qualifications, Skills and Experience needed for the job:
- The applicant should possess a Diploma in Public Relations, Secretarial studies or a Communications-related field;
- At least a year’s experience gained in a reputable Front Desk setting will be required;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Job Terms: All successful candidates will, on being confirmed in appointment, be offered five-year renewable contracts, a competitive basic salary complemented by housing allowance, medical allowance, transport allowance and an attractive gratuity scheme. Staff are also provided with support for continuous personal development.
How to Apply for the job:
Hard copies of applications with comprehensive typed CVs, two passport size photos, certified copies of transcripts and certificates together with the applicant’s telephone contact, names, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees should be received at the address below;
The Human Resource Manager
Uganda Management Institute
Plot 44 – 52 Jinja Road
P. O. Box 20131, Kampala. Uganda.
Tel: 259722/ 265139/ 265140/265138
Deadline: Friday 6th, December 2013 by 5.00pm