The Parliamentary Commission of Uganda serves the following functions;
- To appoint, promote and exercise disciplinary control over persons holding public office in Parliament;
- To review the terms and conditions of service, standing orders, training and qualifications of persons holding office in Parliament;
- To provide a Parliamentary reporting service;
- To provide such other staff and facilities as are required to ensure efficient functioning of the Parliament;
- To cause to be prepared in each financial year, estimates of revenue and expenditure for the next financial year; and
- To make recommendations to Parliament, or with the approval of Parliament, determine the allowances payable and privileges available to the Speaker and Members of Parliament.
Job Summary: The Driver will offer safe and efficient driving services to the Parliamentary Commission.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive/chauffer official passengers to and from assigned destinations
- Take responsibility for maintenance and cleanliness of vehicles in ones’ custody
- Conduct minor/basic repairs and advise on vehicle(s) service schedules
- Ensure assigned vehicle is in safe mechanical condition before embarking on an errand
- Ensure passengers adhere to safety regulations and ensure passengers are safe
- Report accident and traffic/road safety mishaps to the officer in charge
- Collate and maintain accurate vehicle log and records
- Produce reports on field assignments for the vehicle under your charge
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The applicant should hold an Ordinary Level certificate
- Possess a valid driving permit with at least two of the following classes: B, DL and DM with none vehicle restriction
- At least three (3) years driving experience preferably in a Government institution or any other reputable Institution/ organisation.
- The applicant should have passed a competency driving test with the Government Chief Mechanical Engineer
- Additional training in basic motor vehicle mechanics will be an added advantage
- Defensive driving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and work overtime
- Good communication and Interpersonal skills
Age Limit: 25 -40 Years
How to Apply:
All applications should be addressed to the Secretary, Parliamentary Commission, P.O Box 7178 Kampala, Uganda via post or hand delivered to the Parliamentary Registry, Room No. 112, 1st Floor, South Wing, Parliament of Uganda.
All applicants should endeavor to attach recent passport size photographs, Curriculum Vitae. Certified copies of academic certificates and transcripts and indicate two (2) competent referees.
Serving Officers in Government institutions should route their applications through their respective Heads of Departments.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Deadline: Friday, 29th November 2013 at 5:00p.m.