Jobs at World Vision
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 40 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Tittle: Field Partnerships Coordinator (2)
Job Summary: The Field Partnerships Coordinator will offer strategic guidance on local level partner engagements focusing on civil society organisations, district and sub county local government and the private organisations. In addition, the position is required to provide high level guidance on aspects of partner capacity building.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical backstopping and guidance to regional and field staff on several partnership issues including: organisational assessments, partners’ capacity building, sub granting, networking, partners’ capacity building, sub granting, networking, partner reflections and reviews and mapping of partners.
- Mentor Regional staff with skills and knowledge to facilitate the growth and development of strong partnerships within the Region.
- Follow up and report on compliance and effective utilisation of the tools, models, guidelines developed to facilitate effective relationship enhancement and management.
- In consultation with the Staff Training and Development Coordinator, facilitate staff capacity enhancement to improve on the knowledge and skill levels of staff in initiating and managing partnerships.
- Organize and facilitate forums to enhance the sharing and learning of best practices within World Vision Uganda (WVU) and amongst partners through forums like partner review meetings.
- Develop monthly, quarterly and annual work plans, budgets and reports and share them with the Regional Operations Managers to reflect Area Development Programme priorities for review, agreement and approval.
- Support the development of knowledge products for the strengthening of World Vision institutional memory as a basis for learning, documentation, monitoring and evaluation of promising practices, collaboration and partnering.
- Perform any other responsibilities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess a Bachelors Degree in Development studies, social sciences, NGO management or any other related field
- Relevant Post Graduate training in capacity building, net working and monitoring & evaluation will be an added advantage.
- At least three years working experience in an NGO sector (Directly facilitating capacity building and partnerships at a field level).
- The candidates must be mature and committed Christians, able to demonstrate an active involvement with their faith and also able to appreciate and stand above denominational diversities.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates must send their applications with complete Curriculum Vitae, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please address the application to the People and Culture Specialist (Recruitment) and do indicate the post title in the email subject line.
NB: Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 27th December, 2013.