Job Title: Music Teacher (Several Jobs)
Organisation: Watoto Child Care Ministries
Duty Station: Watoto Village School – Biira, Suubi and Gulu, Uganda
Watoto Child Care Ministries is a ministry of Watoto Church that rescues vulnerable children and restores dignity to them by providing holistically for their physical, spiritual and emotional needs. Watoto has operations in Kampala, Wakiso, Mpigi and Gulu.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach students to identify musical sound, solely by hearing pitches, intervals, melody, chords, rhythms, and other basic elements of music.
- Provide sufficient musical experience and information to enable students to develop and practice listening, composing skills with greater understanding and to support performing.
- Develop performing skills through practice of vocal and instrumental music.
- Ensure to incorporate elements of worship music in lessons taught.
- Foster an awareness and appreciation of music and its role in our lives and other environments.
- Evaluate student performance and provide feedback and assistance to improve their musical skills and ensure that required reports are submitted on time.
- Give creative assignments to students and attend any other Academy events and meetings as and when called upon.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience.
- The applicant for the Watoto Music Teacher job opportunity should hold at least a Grade 3 Certificate or Grade 5 Diploma in Primary Education or Degree in Education
- At least two (2) years’ experience in teaching Mathematic/Science/P.E
- Must possess guidance and counselling skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Show commitment to work within a team environment and ability to work under minimal supervision
- High degree of flexibility, initiative and confidentiality
- A professing Christian.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send one merged PDF with a cover letter, academic documents and CV (not more than 6 pages, less than 20MB) a Pastor’s recommendation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject Line: Primary Teacher -First Name, Last Name)
Deadline: 16th February 2018.