Job Title: Senior Records Officer (2 Job Placements)
Organisation: Uganda Registration Services Bureau (URSB)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager, Business Registration
The Uganda Registration Services Bureau (URSB) is established as a Statutory Body under the Uganda Registration Services Bureau Act Cap. 210, Laws of Uganda 2000 Edition. The Bureau is a key player in commercial and civil registrations that facilitate private sector development and vital statistics for national planning.
Job Summary: The Senior Records Officer will effectively and appropriately manage the storage, retrieval and safety of records and ensure accountability for all records in the central registry
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides support in the planning, development and implementation of strategies for management of records, provides policy advice and direction regarding storage, safety and accountability for all records in the registry in accordance with the Information Act and other relevant policies and procedures of URSB.
- Assists in the design and control of internal operations systems, workflow processes and procedures for tracking records movement in and out of the registry.
- Implements appropriate, efficient and cost effective procedures and work methods for the security of the central registry
- Provides support in the development and implementation of an efficient classification and indexing scheme with better search engines that ease retrieval of files without delaying other registry activities.
- Manages inventory planning for the central registry to ensure accountability for all files in the business directorate.
- Notifies management of adequacy of URSB’s records policy or any gaps thereof in order to up-to date it in line with the evolving laws and regulations and the needs of the organisation.
- Supervises all records management operations, appraise staff and manage the performance and development of staff in line with the Human Resource Regulations
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Head Central Registry.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Uganda Registration Services Bureau (URSB) Senior Records Officer job placement must hold an Honours degree in Library and Information Science, Records and Archives Management, Information Technology but with working experience in Library /Archives Management.
- At least five years of relevant working experience in a reputable organisation, one (1) of which at a supervisory level.
- Computer literacy skills
- Ability to work independently
- Leadership, communication and Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Computer knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good supervisory skills
- Good customer cares skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are invited to submit their applications by filling this application, download here, and sending it via E-mail to email@example.com with the E-mail subject indicated as the position being applied for (check top of this advert).
NB: Applicants will receive a response to confirm delivery of their email. Please DO NOT attach copies of your Academic Documents at this point.
Deadline: 18th December 2017