Organisation: AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Req No: 2014-2637
Founded in 1987, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the largest specialized provider of HIV/AIDS medical care in the United States U.S. Our mission is to provide cutting edge medicine and advocacy, regardless of ability to pay. Through our healthcare centers, pharmacies, health plan, research and other activities, AHF provides access to the latest HIV treatments for all who need them.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Secretarial Duties:
- The incumbent will receive all incoming calls, parcels and visitors and channel them appropriately
- Provides requested information and takes message with courtesy.
- Keeps record of documents in a retrievable manner according to AHF guidelines
- In charge of filing both incoming and outgoing communications in the right places
- Creates and maintains filing system in an organized manner.
- Types letters, memos and ensures they are delivered to the relevant places/people at the right time.
- Keenly analyzes documents for approval and dispatch them once approved.
- Administration and Management of supplies, Inventory and Office equipment
- Maintains adequate stocks of office supplies, inventory and office utilities for both Test and Treat Project and Lukaya HealthCareCentre.
- Keenly track assets, inventory and office equipment such as computers, printers, phones and furniture.
- Maintain proper and accurate repair and service records for vehicles, generator and other equipment that needs periodical servicing and repairs as requested by the users.
- Actively monitors stock levels, makes report and orders accordingly
- Resolves work related conflicts and builds team work among staff under direct supervision.
- Office Funds Management and Accountability:
- Preparing requisitions for petty cash replenishment to ensure adequate cash at all times for all units (T&T, LHCC and Regional office).
- Ensures timely delivery of payment requisitions to secretariat for payments and follow up on payments.
- Keeps safe custody of all petty cash on site and updates the petty cashbook on a daily basis.
- Ensures that payment requisitions are approved by the responsible officers, before payments.
- Actively monitors cash expenditure and submits expenditure reports to the relevant authorities as appropriate
- Receives, compiles and submits reports on staff/partner accountabilities
- Coordination of Activities:
- The Administrator will be charged with organizing meetings, trainings and functions and prepare requisitions for facilities and visits as requested in a timely manner.
- Works closely and coordinates appropriate interactions with relevant AHF-Uganda Cares units/projects and partner organizations.
- In charge of making travel arrangements and accommodation reservations in a timely manner following established guidelines.
- Records and takes minutes of meetings accurately and circulates them in a timely manner.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The AHF Administrator should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in social work and social administration, general administration, management or business studies from recognized college or university.
- At least two to five years’ experience in a busy office related to the specification of the roles and responsibilities highlighted above.
- Past experience working in healthcare delivery systems or related field is an added advantage.
- Demonstrable experience in word processing and very good typing speed, office management, logistic or supply chain management. .
- Prior experience in cash management and producing accurate and timely financial accountability and reports
- Excellent planning, organizational and multi-tasking skills with a proven ability to work under pressure and solve problems in a fast paced environment.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates who wish to join AIDS Healthcare Foundation should be encouraged to Apply Online at the web link below.