Job Title: Front Desk Assistant/Receptionist
EngenderHealth works to improve the health and well-being of people in the poorest communities of the world. We do this by sharing our expertise in sexual and reproductive health and transforming the quality of health care. We promote gender equity, advocate for sound practices and policies, and inspire people to assert their rights to better, healthier lives. Working in partnership with local organizations, we adapt our work in response to local needs.
About Fistula Care Plus Project:
EngenderHealth Uganda received an award (cooperative agreement) by USAID for a Fistula Care plus project whose objective is to strengthen health system capacity for fistula prevention, detection, treatment and reintegration. The project will strengthen environments to enable for fistula prevention and treatment, increase community awareness and support for women and girls with fistula, reduce barriers to accessing prevention, detection, and care, and improve the evidence base for approaches to improve fistula care in the districts of Hoima, Masaka, Kalungu and Kasese.
Job Summary: The Front Desk Assistant/Receptionist will be responsible for the front office desk/reception and manage both external and internal communications while aware of promoting the image of EngenderHealth at all times.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise the front office desk/reception, including attending to the telephone, guest relations and communications.
- Offer support in office administration to include general office management, ensuring proper functioning of all office support systems i.e. photocopier, fax machine, telephone, generator etc.
- Coordinate and facilitate information flow and follow up with programs, Administration and Finance for logistics mainly to do with hotel & flight bookings, airport transportation for CO visitors and consultants’ logistics.
- Preparing purchase requests and maintains continuous supply of stationery and other materials for the office, workshops or special events for Program unit and CO major events.
- Distributing/routing official documents to the relevant office staff.
- Monitor performance of the security personnel deployed at the premises, and regularly patrol the compound, fences, recording and reporting any unusual event noticed.
- Prepare and dispatch communication, materials to respective stakeholders, institutions and organizations.
- Assist in the collation of travel plans on a monthly basis from all staff and arrange support accordingly.
- Provide support to program workshops and events and liaise with staff and admin department and ensure that all the logistics such as venue, invitation, funds, transport etc are prepared efficiently.
- Book accommodation for program staff where required
- Work in liaison with partners and districts for follow up reports and outstanding accountability as directed by technical and financial staff.
- Technically support the program team in implementation of activities which may include communication to stakeholders and participants; arrange training /supervision materials; schedule/confirm meetings etc
- Manage petty cash for the EngenderHealth Country Office.
- Supervise the Casual laborer in performing his duties so as to keep the office premises clean and tidy.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Administrative Officer.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The EngenderHealth Front Desk Assistant/Receptionist must possess a good bachelor’s degree in office management, communications, public relations or related field
- At least two years’ experience preferably in a not for profit environment.
- Proven ability to work independently
- Computer proficiency skills i.e. working knowledge of Microsoft office suite.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good personality and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Written and spoken fluency in English.
How to Apply the job:
All interested job applicants should visit our website’s career page Click Here to submit your details online.
Deadline: 17th February 2014.