Job Title: Finance and Administration Assistant
BTC, the Belgian Development Agency, together with different Government Ministries, are implementing the bilateral cooperation between Uganda & Belgium.
Job Summary: The finance and administration assistant will be responsible for a variety of administrative and finance- related tasks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Accounts Payable:
- Analyse incoming payment requests and certificates
- Prepare and follow up payments
- Keep good relationship with accounts in MOES and bank of Uganda
2. General Accounting Duties:
Be responsible for sound cash management
- Encode transactions into the accounting system.
- Intuitively check to ensure correct application of allowances by verifying the calculations.
- Follow up on all tax related issues and keep good relations with URA.
3. Budgeting, Planning and Reporting:
- Offer necessary accounting, budget and planning data to the project management.
- Support the finance and contracts coordinator in the elaboration of reports and budgets
4. Administrative Management:
Ensure good project office management: Assist the finance and contracts coordinator with different procurements.
- Support other project colleagues in preparing budgets and procurements for their respective activities
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the aforementioned vacancy should hold a good University Degree in accounting, finance and/or administration or related field
- Professional accountant with ACCA, CPA, CIMA or similar is an asset
- Detailed understanding and knowledge of and experience with tax related matters in Uganda
- At least eight years’ experience in accounting and project management
- Past exposure and experience with an international organization or NGO – BTC experience is an asset
- Past experience working in a similar position
- Very good hands-on knowledge of excel and word is a must
- Knowledge of related procurement legislation for public procurement
- Mature, good communicator and team player
- Ability to work independently and under stressful conditions
How to Apply for the job:
If you believe you are the ideal candidate and desire a career in the Belgian Development Agency, please send your application letter and resume / CV plus copies of your academic certificates and three professional referees to: Hannah Nayoga, BTC – TTE project MOES – Legacy Towers, Plot 5, Kyadondo Road, Nakasero, Kampala Uganda. NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 27th May 2014