Job Title: Grant Accountant
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Grant Accountant will offer technical financial support to the food aid project and field office in accordance with World Vision accounting policies and procedures and the acceptable International Financial Accounting standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and review financial vouchers, and allocate costs to all cost centres relating to key financial transactions.
- Carry out daily payments of cash and cheques to the respective payees and make weekly and monthly reviews as per the budget and donor requirements
- Prepare and up-date all necessary books of accounts and ledgers and cash flow forecasts in line with WVU financial manual.
- Perform Bank / Project Financial dealings which involve cash withdrawals, deposits, Statements and transfers to Community Based organizations in accordance to WVU and the Donor requirements.
- Prepare monthly project funding requests, funding reconciliation and bank reconciliation statements for the project accounts in line with WV Financial Manual policies and guidelines.
- Prepare, implement and monitor a consolidated and Sub-cost Annual Project Budget and annual financial reports in accordance with WV Financial policies and guidelines and USAID Grants requirements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a good University Degree in Business Administration, Commerce or Financial Management with a major in Accounting
- Professional full or part qualification in A.C.C.A, CPA or CIMA or equivalent is equivalent.
- At least three or more years’ post qualification experience with an International Non Government Organisation
- Past exposure and experience in sub grant accounting and monitoring of partner books of accounts.
- Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SUN Accounting and Access is required.
- Must have proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Internal Control Procedures.
- Possess the ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in writing and orally.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates must send their applications with complete Curriculum Vitae, via email to: email@example.com. Please address the application to the People and Culture Specialist (Recruitment) and do indicate the post title in the email subject line.
NB: Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 24th September, 2014.