The UVRI-IAVI HIV Vaccine Program (the Program), founded in 2001, is a not for profit organization with offices and research facilities based at the Uganda Virus Research Institute in Entebbe. The Program’s main activities are conducting research, building capacity and providing advocacy for HIV/AIDS vaccine as well as molecular and epidemiological work toward HIV prevention. The Program is mainly funded by the International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI), USA but also receives funding from other donors.
The Program invites applications from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the position here-below:
Job Tittle: Head Statistics and Data Management
Reports to: Executive Director
Key Job Responsibilities:
1. To plan and implement data management procedures and programs as well as data quality control systems for all research studies and service programs.
2. To design data entry screens and data analysis programs including relational databases for longitudinal studies.
3. To conduct statistical data analyses and participate in writing manuscripts, reports, and grant proposals
4. To ensure proper storage, archival and security of all data and data collections forms.
5. To supervise and train staff in the Statistics and Data Management Unit in data management and quality control.
6. To train technical research staff on analysis of data.
7. To participate in overall management of UVRI-IAVI Program as a member of senior management team.
Qualifications and experience needed for the Job:
• Bachelors’ degree in Statistics with a Masters degree in Biostatistics/Statistics or Demography (with concentration in Biostatistics).
• 5 years working experience in Biostatistics and Data Management in a Health Research Organization spanning cohort studies and clinical trials that involves linkage of participants’ data across survey rounds.
• Practical skills in data management, analysis and programming as well as supervision of subordinate staff are a must.
• Proficiency in Stata and Visual FoxPro are required. Knowledge of other software programs is an added advantage.
• Salary is attractive, negotiable.
Deadline for submission: November 25, 2013 by 5.00pm
How to Apply : Please send written cover letter along with copies of academic certificates, Curriculum Vitae, day-time telephone contact numbers and names of three professional referees should be sent to:
Operations Manager, UVRI-IAVI HIV Vaccine Program Ltd
P.O Box 49, Entebbe
Electronic copies to emails: email@example.com
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted