Organisation: Action Against Hunger (ACF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Action Against Hunger (ACF) is an international, non-governmental, non-religious organization that was created in Paris in 1979 with headquarters in France (Paris), the USA (New York), the UK (London), Spain (Madrid) and Canada (Toronto). Recognized as a leader in the fight against malnutrition, Action Against Hunger ACF International saves the lives of malnourished children while providing communities with access to safe water and sustainable solutions to hunger. With more than 30 years of expertise in emergency situations of conflict, natural disaster, and chronic food insecurity, ACF runs life-saving programs in some 40 countries benefiting five million people each year. Since 1980, ACF has provided assistance to vulnerable populations in Uganda. These have included the displaced and returnee populations of LRA-affected Northern Uganda, Sudanese and Congolese refugees fleeing fighting in their own countries, and the people of the north eastern Karamoja region.
Job Summary: The Human Resources Coordinator will provide overall leadership in the mission for all matters related to Human Resources. The incumbent will also support the Country Director on relations with Government Authorities and reporting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make sure that the mission implements comprehensive HR policies & procedures, and remains compliant with local labour laws
- Guarantee that the mission has a functional recruitment policy
- Ensure the mission has an effective Staff Development System
- Communicate HR matters both internally within mission and externally to New York HQ & local authorities and others
- Support the Country Director in external representation and direct responsibility for nurturing smooth relations with the Government authorities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Human Resources Coordinator should hold a Master’s degree in Human Resources or in Social Sciences, International Relations, Psychology or any related field.
- At least five years of past humanitarian field experience, preferably as a member of a senior country management team. The incumbent must have be an HR professional and/or general NGO leadership, with a sound knowledge of HR matters, team management, strategic and program development.
- Significant experience working closely with governments and donors/ interface with local governments
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented.
- Possess the ability to take initiative & prioritizing multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Fluent written & spoken English.
- Possess the ability to work cooperatively with subordinates, colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work both independently & as a member of a team.
- Strong coaching & training skills
- Diplomatic, able to mediate conflict in stressful conditions
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates are encouraged to send their email applications (Cover Letters and CV Only) to: Recruitment.email@example.com mentioning Human Resources Coordinator in the subject. The email should not be larger than 2 MB – any larger email will not be considered. Please include your telephone contact details in the CV.
Deadline: Monday, 15th June, 2015 by 5:00pm