The Parliamentary Commission of Uganda serves the following functions;
- To appoint, promote and exercise disciplinary control over persons holding public office in Parliament;
- To review the terms and conditions of service, standing orders, training and qualifications of persons holding office in Parliament;
- To provide a Parliamentary reporting service;
- To provide such other staff and facilities as are required to ensure efficient functioning of the Parliament;
- To cause to be prepared in each financial year, estimates of revenue and expenditure for the next financial year; and
- To make recommendations to Parliament, or with the approval of Parliament, determine the allowances payable and privileges available to the Speaker and Members of Parliament.
Job Summary: Lithographer will conduct printing activities in the Parliamentary Printery.
Job Tittle: Lithographers (2)
Organisation: The Parliamentary Commission of Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports To: Publications Officer
Salary Scale: PC 4
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Do printing activities related to the production of the daily Hansard.
- Advise on technical requirements of the printing press, including fault identification.
- Handle minor repairs and maintenance of the printing machines
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The applicant should posses an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Communication Technology, Industrial & Fine Art or Art & Design obtained from a recognized University/Institution.
- Excellent printing and publications skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
Age Limit: 21 -27 Years
How to Apply:
All applications should be addressed to the Secretary, Parliamentary Commission, P.O Box 7178 Kampala, Uganda via post or hand delivered to the Parliamentary Registry, Room No. 112, 1st Floor, South Wing, Parliament of Uganda.
All applicants should endeavor to attach recent passport size photographs, Curriculum Vitae. Certified copies of academic certificates and transcripts and indicate two (2) competent referees.
Serving Officers in Government institutions should route their applications through their respective Heads of Departments.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Deadline: Friday, 29th November 2013 at 5:00p.m.