Job Title: Manager, IT Architecture and Security
NFT Consult, a leading HR Consultancy firm, seeks to recruit for it valuable client, a Global Technology Consultant. NFT Human Resource Solutions are customer tailored per industry requirements and are geared towards increased cost savings, process improvement leading to improved efficiency and effectiveness yet simultaneously strengthening quality and control of resources.
Job Summary: The Manager, IT Architecture and Security will mainly assist in the definition and implementation of IT governance policies and procedures in order to minimize client’s IT risk exposure.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support the Senior Manager, IT Governance and Quality in communicating the unit’s direction and objectives to subordinates as well as translating its strategy and plans into specific programmes and projects.
· Assist in the articulation of IT governance frameworks for the client.
· Stay updated on the latest global and local best practice as it relates to the unit’s activities.
· Assist in continuously reviewing the unit’s activities, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
· Establish and manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
· Take lead in the definition and enforcement of Enterprise Architecture, IT Security, Access, Audit and Service Continuity policies.
· Continually benchmark client’s IT system against best practice standards (e.g. PAS56, COSO, NIST, ISO27001, Zachmann etc.), define best practice adoption plans and proffer recommendations to the Senior Manager, IT Governance and Quality.
· Assist in ensuring compliance of all architecture/design changes to approved IT standards and policies.
· Assist in enforcing standardised change control methods to guarantee that production systems run only authorised and tested configurations. Implement rigorous automated configuration audits using appropriate tools.
· Evaluate IT Architecture and Security status on a regular basis and recommend suitable best practice solutions to the Senior Manager, IT Governance and Quality as required.
· Work in liaison with the network operations department on systems security issues.
· Assist in defining corporate security initiatives such as intrusion detection, virus and malicious code protection, operating systems configuration, network and firewall administration.
· Assist in implementing the unit’s work programs and plans in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
· Assist in planning and managing the human and material resources of the unit to optimise performance, morale and enhance productivity.
· Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
· Offer direction and leadership to team members and manage subordinates’ performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
· Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Senior Manager, IT Governance and Quality.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the Senior Manager, IT Governance and Quality
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should hold a first degree or its equivalent in a relevant discipline.
· Possession of a postgraduate/ professional qualification in a related field will be an added advantage.
· At least five (5) to nine (9) years’ experience with at least three (3) years in a supervisory role.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates should visit the web link below and create a profile on the NFT Consult website by entering their e-mail addresses. Please visit web link below and click Apply now if convinced you have the job requirements. The applications/CVs should be prepared in English and submitted in either MS Word or PDF format will be considered.