Job Title: Markets Products Specialist
Standard Chartered PLC is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in Hong Kong, China. It operates a network of over 1,700 branches and outlets (including subsidiaries, associates and joint ventures) across more than 70 countries and employs around 87,000 people. It is a universal bank with operations in consumer, corporate and institutional banking, and treasury services. Despite its UK base, it does not conduct retail banking in the UK, and around 90% of its profits come from Africa, United Kingdom, United States and the Middle East. Standard Chartered Bank Uganda is the longest established international bank in the country; the first branch was opened in August 1912. We had 11 branches up to 1972 and retained only one branch during the turbulence of the 70s. In 1998 we acquired 4 branches of former Cooperative Bank in November 1999. Standard Chartered Bank Uganda today has a network of 11 branches in Kampala, Jinja, Mbale, Mbarara and Gulu. Standard Chartered Bank Uganda has 29 ATMs and over 600 staff.
Job Summary: The Markets Products Specialist will be offering foreign currency solutions to Small & Medium enterprise (SME) clients. The incumbent will mainly sell treasury products to each of the allocated groups of Retail & SME customers, acting as their primary point of contact in treasury for pricing.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist and support WMPS in achieving and maintaining daily and overall sales targets by providing up to date relevant information on new and existing customers.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of economic conditions and market trends on which to base informed dialogue with customers concerning the market risks in their business.
- Ensuring the market risk and counter party limits are not exceeded.
- Keep an up to date database on all top key Retail & SME forex banking customers and prospective clients at all times.
- Quickly respond speedily and positively to all requests from customers for a specific transaction, or for more general advice, or introduction to a more appropriate contact within SCB, whether or not the request is from the specifically allocated group of customers.
- Work closely with operations concerning customer feedback received on service delivery quality, in order to seek improvements in service delivery where viewed as necessary from the customer’s perspective.
- Actively network on behalf of the team (communication back to team members) with customers, and with other SCB trading and sales groups, in order to solicit customer feedback, gain market intelligence, benchmark sales processes and techniques, and to enhance the bank’s profile in the market.
- Enhance the Bank’s reputation in the local market through personally demonstrating a high level of professionalism, and developing mutually beneficial working relationships with our customers.
- Ensure self development through regular review of progress with the Head of WMPS and with the objective of meeting present and future needs.
- Drive the local bond business through liaising with the fixed income desk on the availability of local bonds to be on sold to Retail clients.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The persons should have obtained a bachelor’s degree in Business and any professional qualification in banking will be an added advantage.
- Sound background and knowledge of banking with particular emphasis on foreign exchange products.
- Ability to monitor the key economic indicators that will impact on the forex business and be in a position to explain that to customers.
- Ability to convince clients that the solutions offered are beneficial to the clients business by using strong influencing skills in client negotiations.
- The candidate should be proficient at a basic level in a number of bank’s standard packages and/or systems.
NB: Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
How to apply for the job:
If interested in working with Standard Chartered Bank in the above portfolio, Please send us visit Web link below and review requirements and thereafter express your interest by Clicking Apply Now