Rakai Health Sciences Program is a collaborative Bio-medical research and service delivery organization. It strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the District of Rakai, South Western Uganda.
It is based at the Uganda Virus Research Institute – Entebbe and Kalisizo in Rakai District. The Program is seeking to strengthen its staffing position in order to efficiently execute its research activities. Applications are therefore invited from qualified and competent Ugandans to fill a vacant position based at RAKAI HEALTH SCIENCES PROGRAM – Kalisizo, Rakai District as indicated below:-
Job Tittle: Medical Officer (1 Position), Two years contract
Medical Officers are required for RHSP to perform Clinical and Biomedical Research tasks. The successful applicant will be involved in management of patients in the RHSP’s Clinics and other Program activities.
Job Qualifications and Skills:
• MB.chB degree from a recognized university and must have completed internship.
• Registered with the Uganda Medical and Dental Practitioners’ Council.
Deadline: Friday, 22nd November, 2013
The applicants should be;
• Pleasant, social, flexible, with good interpersonal skills and a spirit of team building/work
• Self-motivated, able to work under minimum supervision and well organized
• Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Fluent in both English and Luganda languages.
• Able and willing to work and reside in the rural setting of Kalisizo – Rakai District.
How to apply for the job:
Submit application letter, all academic documents to support your application, detailed resume (CV) with competent referees not later than Friday, 22nd November, 2013 to:
The Human Resource Manager
Rakai Health Sciences Program,
P. O. Box 279, KALISIZO
OR P.O. Box 49, ENTEBBE