Job Title: Technical Officer (11 Job Opportunities)
Organization: Malaria Consortium
Project Name: USAID/PMI Malaria Action Program for Districts (MAPD) Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Masaka, Arua, Hoima and Kabarole, Uganda
Salary: USD 15,338 gross per annum
Malaria Consortium is the world’s leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to the comprehensive control of malaria and other communicable diseases in Africa and Southeast Asia. Malaria Consortium works with communities, government and non-government agencies, academic institutions, and local and international organisations, to ensure good evidence supports delivery of effective services, providing technical support for monitoring and evaluation of programmes and activities for evidence-based decision-making and strategic planning. Malaria Consortium works to improve not only the health of the individual, but also the capacity of national health systems, which helps relieve poverty and support improved economic prosperity.
About USAID MAPD Project:
The Malaria Action Program for Districts (MAPD) project is a 5-year USAID/PMI funded project. The project aims to prevent and control Malaria illnesses and deaths in order to minimise the social economic effects of the disease among the overall population of Uganda especially in children under 5 years of age. The project will be implemented starting in August 2016, and will cover 43 districts with a total population of more than 13 million. The Malaria Action Program for Districts project offers a partnership uniquely positioned to deliver this implementation rollout. Partners include Johns Hopkins Program for International Education in Gynecology and Obstetrics (JHPIEGO), Banyan Global, Deloitte &Touché Uganda, Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) and Communication for Development Foundation-Uganda (CDFU).
Job Summary: The Technical Officer will provide technical and implementation support to all MAPD project activities in the respective region districts of operation
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Malaria Consortium USAID MAPD Technical Officer job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Health-related field including Public Health, Community Health or equivalent
- Possession of a post graduate degree/diploma in Public Health or an equivalent
- Three years of work experience in similar field and /or experience working on a USAID funded project
- Experience in community-based health care delivery
- Experience in capacity building/ transferring of skills
- Experience in working with local government
- Experience in developing work plans and activity budgets
- Thorough understanding of both preventive and curative aspects of malaria control
- Familiarity with the strategies and guidelines of the Uganda National Malaria Control Programme
- Experience in using participatory adult learning techniques
How to Apply:
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply online at the web link below.
Deadline: 18th May 2018