Job Title: Compliance Officer
NARO Retirement Benefits Scheme (NRBS) is a contributory saving scheme for National Agricultural Research Organisation (NARO) staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish an annual Compliance work plan for the Scheme.
- Develop and periodically review updates Standards of Conduct of Scheme activities to ensure continuing relevance in providing guidance to management and employees
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Ensure that the provisions of the UBRA or Regulations made under the Act are complied with.
- Ensure that all tax returns are submitted to the authorizes on time.
- Report to the Scheme Manager cases of non- compliance with the provisions of the Act or Regulations made under the Act and those by made the Trustees.
- Act as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance issues/concerns within the Scheme are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Ensure that all statutory returns are made to the relevant authorities at the right time.
- Ensure that all the Registers, Minute book etc. are updated and maintained in the prescribed format.
- Receive and liaise with all Inspectors at on and off the premises.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Scheme Manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Compliance Officer vacancy should hold a University degree and training in administrative law.
- Possession of a diploma in legal practice and or a professional qualification such CPS or ICSA will be an added advantage.
- The applicant must have good interpersonal skills and must be a team player, who can also work with his own initiatives.
- Must be confident, have a desire and passion for excellence and be committed to self-development.
- Possess the ability to interpret and apply legislations, regulations, guidelines and other regulatory requirements as stated in the PRA 2004, and/or issued by the Commission.
- Adequate seniority and authority to effectively carry out his functions.
- Possess the ability to effectively defend his position on issue
How to apply for the job:
All interested job candidates should submit their application letters, C.V and copies of their testimonials to the Chairman, Board of Trustees, NARO Retirement Benefits Scheme (NRBS), P.O. Box 214, Entebbe, Uganda.
Note: Only shortlisted persons will be contacted.
Deadline: 25th July, 2014