Uganda Management Institute (UMI) is a Management Development Institution with a mission “To Excel in Developing Practical and Sustainable Administration, Leadership and Management Capacity”. It provides management training, consultancy and research services in response to the demands of the public, private, and NGO sectors. In addition to short performance improvement management skills development courses, the Institute offers high quality career development management courses at Certificate, Diploma, Postgraduate Diploma and Higher Degree Levels. The Institute’s activities are currently carried out at the main campus in Kampala and its Outreach Centers in Mbarara, Gulu and Mbale.
Deadline: Friday 6th, December 2013 by 5.00pm
- Initializing, monitoring and ensuring that IT systems are fully operational.
- Maintaining and performing regular backups of system information and data.
- Maintaining documentation and inventories relating to IT resources and Service.
- Identifying and reporting hardware and software malfunctions.
- Enforcing the Institute’s ICT information security policies and standards.
- Assisting End Users (staff, participants and contractors) in using IT Systems and Resources.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor
- All applicant should have an Honors Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or related IT field
- Professional qualification in either Networking, or Systems Administration or Database Administration will be added advantage
- A minimum of two years relevant experience in a similar position
- Working experience in LAMP/WAMP environment is required
- Working knowledge of e-learning Systems will be an added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Uganda Management Institute
Plot 44 – 52 Jinja Road
P. O. Box 20131, Kampala. Uganda.
Tel: 259722/ 265139/ 265140/265138