Dama Consultants Limited is retained to assist the Board of Directors of National Housing and Construction Company Limited to identify qualified and competent Ugandans to fill two top management positions at its headquarters in Kampala.
Our Client is a 48 year old limited liability company, owned by the Governments of Uganda and Libya. Its mission is to provide adequate and affordable housing for all in Uganda. For both positions our Client will offer highly competitive remuneration package and a three year renewable contract. We invite applications from Ugandans for the following positions:
Job Tittle: Chief Executive Officer
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer will be expected to provide overall leadership in developing and implementing strategies that will lead to turning round the company into a competitive, efficient and a profit making organization.
The position requires an innovative and a dynamic person with;
• A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Development Administration, Management or a related field.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Housing Development, Housing Finance, Administration or a related field will be an added advantage.
• Experience in development of affordable housing/ slum redevelopment and sustainable human settlements projects would be an added advantage.
• A professional qualification and/or affiliation to a relevant technical area will also be an added advantage.
• A minimum of 8 years of experience as a Chief Executive officer and/or 10 years of experience in an executive level role overseeing large, diverse groups and portfolios in a reputable organization.
• A successful track record of performance at a high level management position.
• Experience in dealing with board governance.
• Experience in Housing development, the construction or Real Estate Development industry will also be an added advantage.
• Persons who applied for this position before need not reapply.
Job Tittle: Company Secretary
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Company Secretary’ main role will be to provide secretarial services to the Board of Directors and legal advice to the company to enhance effective observance of legal provisions in all commercial, management and administrative undertakings.
The position requires a mature and a principled lawyer with a practicing certificate and a full member of the Chartered Institute of Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA). He/she will have had a minimum of 7 years experience in handling legal and board affairs of a large public or commercial organization.
Detailed job description and requirements for both posts may be viewed in the NHCC website:
http://www.nhcc.co.ug/ and Dama Consultants website: http://www.damaconsultant.com/
Applications with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and transcripts, salary history, names and address of three professional referees and the applicant’s telephone contact should be delivered to:
Dama Consultants Limited
10th Floor Uganda House
P.O. Box 3967,
Tel: +256-414-235 944 during working hours.
Applicants from outside Uganda should send their application electronically on line in pdf form to email: [email protected]
Deadline: The closing date for receiving applications is 20th November, 2013.
Dama Consultants Limited accepts no liability for incomplete submission, late and/or misdirected transmission of applications.
• Only short listed applicants will be contacted for interviews
• Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification