Job Title: NOC/GNOC Network Analyst
NFT Consult, a leading HR Consultancy firm, seeks to recruit for it valuable client, Global service provider in IT and Telecom. NFT Human Resource Solutions are customer tailored per industry requirements and are geared towards increased cost savings, process improvement leading to improved efficiency and effectiveness yet simultaneously strengthening quality and control of resources.
The NOC/GNOC Network Analyst will be responsible for 24/7 real-time monitoring & surveillance; event and incident management and first line incident resolution; and initiating the incident management process during major outages. The incumbent will also verify and monitor access to customer locations and devices. He/she will also be responsible for monitoring planned works and preventative maintenance activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the network, events and execute pre-defined scripts in case of alarms and incidents reported by network management systems.
- Identify service degradations associated with network events and incidents; assess business impact, isolate root causes and initiate corrective actions. Coordinate Services activities to deliver corrective equipment and site maintenance based on the severity of type of event.
- Offer prompt and appropriate follow-up with regular feedback to customers in relation to ongoing issues.
- Monitor network traffic and performance while maintaining high level of customer satisfaction by providing services fully compliant with the Service Level Agreements (SLA) and minimizing impact on customer service.
- Keenly track, re-direct and escalate the workflow of incidents to subsequent support levels (e.g. Technical Support Operations) as needed to resolve incidents.
- Ensure accurate and timely creation, update and completion of all trouble tickets with prompt escalation and notification of major network faults and customer faults as per the NOC Escalation Guidelines reports on network performance, trouble-shooting results and routine maintenance of network elements for tracing purpose and learning opportunities.
- Ensure only authorized sub-contractors, external companies, field services, technical support operations and other parties have access to the network components.
- Provide feedback and recommendation for Operations Support Systems (OSS) Tools improvements, regarding process flows, event management and correlation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must have experience in maintenance, network operations and/or technical support activities
- Proficient in these tools: REMEDY, NetCool, BMC, Nerve, Center and other platform tools.
- Business acumen and Cost Management
- Customer focus
- Good decision making skills
- Managing execution
- High degree of adaptability
- Good modeling and planning skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Technical skills and knowledge
- Fluent in English with good communication and documentation skills
- Computer literacy and analytical skills
Personal Values; Innovation, Customer-centric, Accountability, Teamwork, respect
How to apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates should visit the web link below and create a profile on the NFT Consult website by entering their e-mail addresses. Please visit web link below and click Apply now if convinced you have the job requirements. The applications/CVs should be prepared in English and submitted in either MS Word or PDF format will be considered.