Job Title: Finance and Administration Officer
Organisation: Community Efforts for Child Empowerment (CECE)
Funding Source: ChildFund International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Federation Manager
Community Efforts for Child Empowerment (CECE) is a registered non-profit making and Child focused NGO, based in Kiboga. It is an umbrella organization, working with ChildFund International to support six (6) communities (Masodde, Butemba, Kiyuni, Wakiso, Gayaza and Kinabwe) located in the districts of Kyankwanzi, Wakiso and Luwero.
About ChildFund International CECE Project:
CECE, with funding support from ChildFund International strives to demystify the faces of deprivation, exclusion and vulnerability among children by “uprooting” their root causes.
CECE is an equal opportunity employer that gives people a chance to fully exercise their potential and contribute to achievement of organizational goals as they attain personal career development.
Job Summary: The Finance and Administration Officer will provide sound financial management, accounting and administrative services for CECE Programs and operations to ensure proper monitoring, effective control and utilization of project resources in compliance with Specified CECE policies, procedures and applicable regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare annual operational budgets and support program team in program & grants budget preparations.
- Prepare periodic budget performance management reports to advise management and donors on the budget performance.
- Execute the approved budget mandates through regular and appropriate reviews with applicable cost principals.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports in compliance with CECE financial manual, procedures, donor guidelines and applicable regulations.
- Update and maintain proper documentation, safe custody and catalogued filing system for all CECE financial documents in accordance to required standards
- Carry out a monthly reconciliation and edging analysis for staff advances, receivables and payables to achieve acceptable level.
- Ensure optimal operational and capital cash management for programmatic and operational activities through monthly, quarterly & annual financial projections, monitoring resource inflow, outflow and bank & cash balance reconciliations.
- Steer the procurement committee during procurement planning, implementation, monitoring & reporting for effective and efficient use of organization resources.
- Prepare annual procurement plans and keep a valid data bank for the pre-qualified Service providers/vendors.
- Oversee and manage the staff in Finance and Administration including the development of clear targets and goals for the team.
- Regularly ensure that the implementation of performance management processes and set targets for all staff and effective staff appraisals are conducted within the organization
- Prepare the monthly payroll.
Audits and Compliance Management:
- Lead internal and external audit preparation exercise for CECE and enforce the implementation process of the resolutions of audit corrective actions.
- Share knowledge of key donor regulations/guidelines with the staff regularly.
- Ensure compliance with mandates and terms of all LOA’s, corporate agreement’s with different donors/funders.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Finance and Administration Officer should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or its equivalent.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a similar position (in Child focused NGO or international NGO with multi donor programing will be an added advantage)
- Partial or full professional qualification i.e. CPA or ACCA
- Ugandan Tax law qualification is an added advantage
- Past experience with international donor environments.
- Working knowledge of financial management, administration and information technology.
- Possess strong accuracy, attention to detail and ability to follow-through.
- Computer literacy and knowledge of relevant accounting software systems
- Highly organized with ability to meet deadlines, troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Possess the ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion and sound judgment.
- Strong team player with proven communication and collaborative skills.
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates should send their application in Confidence including a Cover letter, updated CV, three work-related referees, with their E-mail and day time contacts to:
The Chairperson, Community Efforts for Child Empowerment, Plot 518, Kiganzi Road, P.O. Box 51, Kiboga. Uganda
NB: The complete applications should be hand delivered and registered at the above address in Kiboga town council or ChildFund National office on plot 71/72, Namirembe Road-Kampala. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Friday, 26th June 2015 by 2:00pm.