Vacancy title: 4 Operations Officers
Jobs at: Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development ( MGLSD )
Deadline of this Job: 23rd August 2019
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Kampala.
The Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (MGLSD), I through its Programme Management Unit (PMU) is implementing the second phase of the Expanding Social Protection Programme (ESPII). The goal of ESP is to reduce chronic poverty and improve life chances for poor men, women and children in Uganda. The programme aims to embed a national social protection system, including social assistance for the poorest and most vulnerable, as a core element of Uganda’s national planning and budgeting processes. A core element of the Programme is the Social Assistance Grants for Empowerment (SAGE) under which government provides the Senior Citizens Grant to older persons. Government with support from Development partners is currently in the process of rolling out the Senior Citizens Grant to all districts in the country.
The MGLSD through the PMU seeks to recruit competitive, competent and well-motivated persons to fill 27 vacant positions in the Expanding Social Protection (ESP) Programme. The positions are contractual, running up to June 2022.
Mbale (1), Mbarara (1) and Kampala (1) Kyenjojo (1)
Reports to: Operations/RTSU Coordinator.
To provide technical and operational support to the district.
Ensures implementation, coordination, reporting, trainings, registration, enrolment, payments, grievance and complaints management, change management and compliance with Expanding Social Protection Programme Guidelines.
Key Result Areas:
• Oversee the registration and verification of eligible Beneficiaries in collaboration with Local Government
• Oversee the enrolment of clients into the programme including the issuing of any tokens required to access payments (e.g. SIM cards or
• Smart Cards) in collaboration with Payment Service Provider (PSP)
• Monitor service delivery to ensure quality, accountability and systems improvement
• In coordination with MIS, enable systematic and efficient data collection, sharing of best practices and lessons learnt
• Provide input to the production of RTSU reports, work plans, evaluation reports and document best practices for ESP internal reference
• Responsible for ensuring a good working relationship between the regional and district level implementation structures of SAGE.
• Conduct periodic district reviews and visits to ensure proper coordination and delivery of services
• Coordinate submission of relevant reports by districts and ensure timely information sharing and provision of feedback to districts.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• A Bachelor’s degree in Social Works and Social Administration, development Studies, Adult and Community Education, Social Science, Public Administration or an equivalent profession.
• Post graduate diploma in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
• A minimum of three (3) years’ relevant experience in community programming or development. Experience of working with governments, non-governmental organizations and/or research institutions in Uganda.
Job Education Requirements: Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 3 years
Job application procedure
Suitably qualified and interested candidates should send application letters, detailed CV, names and addresses of three referees along with the relevant certified copies of academic transcripts, certificates to: Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development Headquarters (Security Registry) on second (2) Floor Plot 2, Simbamanyo House, George Street PO Box 7136, Kampala, Uganda. Application deadline is 23 August 2019, 11:00am Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Should you not hear from us after two weeks of closing date of submissions, consider your application unsuccessful. The Ministry is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on sex, religion, political affiliation, national extraction or social origin, health status or disability.