Organization: Education Service Commission
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ref. No.: HRM 48/185/01 Vol. 31 (44)
Reports to: Assistant Commissioner, Government Aided Secondary Schools
The Education Service Commission is established by article 167 91) of the 1995 Constitution of the Republic of Uganda and article 168 (1) sets out its functions, authority and autonomy in implementing its mandate. The vision of Education Service Commission is to see “quality education delivered by efficient and effective education service personnel.”
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will prepare and submit technical reports in respect of Government Aided Secondary Schools to the relevant authorities;
· Prepare guidelines and support in the formation and capacity building initiatives for members of Boards of Governors (BOG) and technical committees in Government Aided Secondary Schools;
· Study and take follow-up action on proceedings and resolutions of Boards of Governors’ and technical committee meeting in Government Aided Secondary Schools;
· Actively participate in the development of plans and strategies on efficient and effective staff deployment and training in Government Aided Secondary Schools;
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the relevant authority.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Education from a recognized University or Training Institution;
· Registered as a teacher with the Ministry of Education, Science, Technology and Sports
· A minimum of six (6) years working experience, three (3) of which should have been at Senior Officer Level in the field of Education and Training.
· Possession of a Postgraduate qualification in Education or Education Planning and Management from a recognized University or Training Institution is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to fill in applications in triplicate and submitthem to the Secretary, Education Service Commission P.O. Box 7196, Kampala, Uganda. The forms can be picked from Education Service Commission Offices, 1st Floor Farmers House on Parliamentary Avenue, Kampala, Ministry of Education & Sports Headquarters, Kampala and District Service Commission Offices, or can be downloaded from the ESC website, download here. Hand written applications are also acceptable.
The complete applications should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against the post. Applicants should attach certified copies of their certificates and transcripts and any relevant document(s) plus three recent passport size photographs on each of the application forms. Serving officers must route their applications through their Head of Institution / Department, who should be advised on the closing date to ensure submission within the deadline.
Deadline: 19th October, 2015