Job Title: Program Officer
The Alliance for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) functions in 9 countries and is funded by 8 international NGO’s. In Uganda the Alliance cooperates with 12 partner organisations and its working area is Eastern and Northern Uganda. The focus is on youth in marginalized areas and positions, such as young people living with HIV (including young mothers), adolescents and out of school youth. The aim of the SRHR Alliance is to increase the uptake of SRH services, through Comprehensive Sexuality Education, access to evidence based information, Youth Friendly Health Services and a supportive environment. The work of the SRHR in Uganda has grown significantly in terms of scope and geographical coverage.
The Program Officer will offer technical support to the National Programme Coordinator in coordinating the work of the Alliance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and facilitate alliance workshops on coordination, planning and review of the Alliance progress.
- Develop, implement and monitor joint activities of the Alliance, such as joint capacity strengthening, training on SRHR, advocacy and awareness raising.
- Narrative and financial reporting on the Alliance activities.
- Facilitate and coordinate research activities at Alliance level (Baseline, Midterm reviews, Evaluations, and the like), often in cooperation with an external consultant.
- Facilitate and coordinate joint advocacy initiatives of the Alliance.
- Prepare and document meetings of the Alliance Steering Committee (in which all CEO’s take seat).
- Responsible for the communication, proliferation and representation of the Alliance among stakeholders at district and national level.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must possess a bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Public health, or a related field. Additional post graduate qualification will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a similar function in a reputable NGO
- Possess the ability to combine a facilitating and supporting approach with a motivating and result oriented approach.
- Proven experience in project cycle management, monitoring and evaluation and, basic financial management.
- Supportive of Comprehensive Sexuality Education and the right for young people to make their own informed and healthy decisions.
- Ability to cooperate with a variety of actors, such as NGO’s, young people and government bodies.
- A good team player with networking and communication skills (oral and written).
- Dynamic, self driven exhibit high initiative and able to multi task .
- Prior working experience in working within an Alliance or partnership, resource mobilization and advocacy are strong advantages.
- Willingness to travel regularly outside Kampala
Age: Below 32 years
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their applications with updated CVs with 3 referees should be addressed to: email@example.com. Please clearly indicate in the subject line: “SRHR Program Officer.”
Deadline: Wednesday 29th January 2014.