Organisation: Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Program Manager, Agriculture and Livelihoods
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-profit organization which carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Job Summary: The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination of planning, implementation, and monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning of the Ben and Jerry’s Vanilla Producer Development Initiative (PDI) project activities and other specified deliverables. The focus of this position is to support the local implementing partner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Project Planning and Implementation:
· Prepare detailed quarterly and annual work plans which allow for timely sequencing of the activities needed to successfully complete the project
· Provide day to day coordination, supervision and guidance for project implementation, ensuring that it is executed according to the approved work plan and is in accordance with CRS programming principles and core values
· Actively monitor project expenses to ensure adherence to budgets and compliance with donor requirements and CRS policies
· Support the project partner (RFCU) in the financial advance and liquidation process, including processing request for disbursement of project funds and ensuring that partners track expenses against approved budget
· Regularly review the project work plans with project partner and revise the work plan as required
· Organize and carry out periodic planning and review meetings with the project partner to ensure project targets are achieved in time
· Draw up the sustainability plans of the project as envisaged in the project
· Address all issues of the project, donors or respective line ministries regarding program implementation
· Ensure up to date knowledge of all CRS and donor compliance issues; seek support and guidance as needed
· Work collaboratively with the B&J technical team, participate in monthly/quarterly calls, provide updates, etc. etc.
2. Partner Staff Capacity Building:
· Support partners in meeting partner-specific targets, financial, deadlines and compliance as stated in partner agreement
· Conduct the SRMP, creating improvement plan, and supporting RFCU to implement the recommendations.
· Identify areas of project partner staff development and develop the partner staff capacity building plans
· Through specific training, and regular monitoring and mentoring, Build technical capacity, organizational capacity (finance, HR, etc.)
3. Project Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL):
· Carry out frequent field level monitoring of the project implementation and provide timely feedback and support to project partners to ensure successful delivery of the project targets and results.
· Effectively support the performance of project partner staff using thePerformance Management System
· Compile periodic quality project financial and administrative reports for submission to the management, project donors and other stakeholders
· Regularly review the quality of the work completed with the project partner on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards and donor requirements
· Coordinate project evaluations/assessments (e.g. baselines, midterm and final evaluations) in accordance with CRS Uganda’s MEAL System and Framework
· Document the best practices implemented, success stories and case studies of the community level changes for dissemination and learning
· Work closely with relevant local government ministries, private businesses and other organizations working in the sector to build partnerships and synergies
· Take part in appropriate networks, forums, meetings and conferences to build networks and share experiences and influence policies
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The Catholic Relief Services Project Coordinator should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture/Agribusiness, Development and Business related fields
· Possession of a post graduate qualification in project planning and management is an added advantage
· A minimum of five years’ experience in planning and managing agribusiness development projects in a private sector or an NGO environment
· Previous experience in CSO-public-private sector engagement
· Demonstrated technical and business knowledge and experience with high agricultural value chains/commodities
· Previous experience in capacity building of producer organizations and stakeholder farmers
· Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
· Computer literacy skills with proficiency in MS Word, Excel, andPowerPoint
· Must be gender and culturally sensitive
· Highly respectful of varying customs and values
· Customer service approach, driven to serve others
· Enthusiastic, committed to meeting or exceeding expectations
· Willingness to travel and spend a minimum of 50% of time in the field
Personal Competencies (for all CRS Staff): These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
· Serves with Integrity
· Models Stewardship
· Cultivates Constructive Relationships
· Promotes Learning
How to Apply for a job:
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply by sending their cover letters, updated CVs and three work references (names and contact information only) to email@example.com.
NB: Only selected candidates that meet the requirements will be notified.
Deadline: 21st September, 2015