Apply for the job of Project Development Manager.
Umeme Limited is an Electricity Distribution Company listed on the Uganda and Nairobi Securities Exchange, with Actis’ Infrastructure 2 fund as a majority investor. Actis is a leading investor in the emerging markets, managing over US$4.8bn worth of investment on behalf of more than 100 institutional investors, including the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC), a UK Government owned company.
Job Summary: The Job holder will take lead and manage the delivery of the project definitions within the project life cycle model, from concept to complete and approved project definition packages, in order to achieve desired outputs within a master plan framework, agreed time frames, budgets, specifications and operational standards
Deadline: 12th December, 2013 by 17:00
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide project management expertise and technical input in projects design, specifications and management
- Provide project management expertise to staff and project teams, ensuring that projects follow an approved project life cycle process
- Provide technical input and project management/budget support during the project development stages
- Manage the project approvals and processes according to delegations of authority
- Ensure that project definitions are delivered within planned performance and outputs to time, budget commitments and quality specifications
- Maintain regular and accurate projects analysis, evaluation, forecasts and reporting to Divisional management
- Manage the project delivery partners, including consultants, contractors and negotiating funding agreements
- Engage stakeholders in order to ensure delivery within the allocated budgets, contracted time-scales and performance in respect to quality / specification
- Manage staff and resources allocated to the job in accordance with organisational policies, code of business conduct, standards, and health and safety policies
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with at least 10 (ten) years experience in similar work
- A Post graduate qualification in Project Management
- High levels of commercial awareness and experience of the development process
- Good understanding of the project life cycle process and its relevance to the management of projects
- Strong track record of successfully managing large capital budgets and resources with significant responsibility for decision making
- Significant experience of selecting and managing professional services and construction contracts
- Excellent communication (verbal and -written) and presentation with ability to deal with a wide range of people including employees, managers, consultants, other specialists and external stakeholders
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send their applications including an updated CV and cover letter clearly detailing your suitability for the position in terms of required qualifications and experience to email@example.com .
NB: Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.