Job Title: Research Analyst (2 Career Vacancies)
CleanStar Ventures is a venture development partnership that harnesses business and technology innovation in frontier markets. We research, incubate, create and develop new ventures in agriculture, energy, retail and consumer technology.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The Research analysts will be involved in the following activities:
- Planning and managing the conduct of household surveys within various neighbourhoods in
- Kampala, including:
- Setup of survey questionnaire on Android application, to enable field‐based household and small enterprise surveys via smartphones;
- Recruitment and direct management of small team of field‐based survey staff for each
- neighbourhood survey; and
- Analysing survey results data and preparing reports summarising the data.
- Planning and managing a GIS‐based mapping exercise within a neighbourhood, working in collaboration with external GIS specialist consultants, in order to identify and geo‐locate key features within a neighbourhood.
- Researching the regulatory landscape relevant to the solution being developed, in order to identify relevant policies, taxes and processes required.
- Investigative research via interviews with various stakeholders, in order to clarify assumptions within the business model.
- Working with technology development team to incorporate insights from field‐based research into product and solution design. The roles will be based from our offices in Bugolobi, with the majority of time spent in the neighbourhoods.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- All applicants should be Ugandan nationals
- Persuasive, with the ability to quickly establish rapport with respondents
- Curious and intelligent, with the ability to “think outside the box” in finding information
- Strong in written and spoken English
- Experienced in managing small teams of peers, with demonstrated leadership skills
- Experienced in working hard to achieve deadlines
- Independent, self‐motivated and ambitious
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working within a start‐up environment
- Computer‐literacy skills with demonstrated experience using Excel, Word, Internet and Email
How to Apply for the job:
Please email CVs with intro notes to Greg Murray to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 22 August 2014