Job Title: Marketing Executive
ThoughtWorks is a software company and a community of passionate, purpose-led individuals. We think disruptively to deliver technology to address our clients’ toughest challenges, all while seeking to revolutionize the IT industry and create positive social change.
Job Summary: The incumbent will work on a variety of marketing activities across East Africa. Your key stakeholders include ThoughtWorks Kampala’s demand team, recruitment team and the technical community. You will liaise with marketeers in other offices (global marketing) for knowledge sharing, ideating and for the creation of a pool of best practices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Event Planning: Knowing the ins and outs of organising events, which includes: sourcing venues, project managing events, pre-show traffic generation, design, management, technical management, follow up, and analysis.
2. Event promotion: Putting together engaging event promotion campaigns using email communication tools and automated systems
3. Vendor management: Developing relationships with all third-party providers and negotiating competitive pricing and service levels.
4. Digital marketing: This includes ad campaigns, community management, website content, social media marketing, etc.
5. Marketing automation & analytics: Using a marketing automation tool, monitoring event marketing metrics, analysing marketing campaigns, and reporting on all activity and results.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate must also possess a relevant degree or equivalent in marketing / communications
- The candidate should hold at least six years of hands-on experience in marketing /advertising
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Significant experience in online marketing
- Possess the ability to manage multiple projects
- Past exposure and experience with digital marketing and marketing automation are a plus
How to Apply for the job:
If you believe you are one of the ideal candidates for this opportunity in working with ThoughtWorks, then visit the web link below for full job details and Apply Online.