Job Title: Lab Technician (3 Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Global Health Rescue Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ref No: LT 01022
Reports to: Medical Officer
Global Health Rescue is a last mail medicines distribution company whose mission is to save our customers from the hustle of traveling long distances to look for medicines.
Global Health Rescue is looking for highly competent, innovative and motivated people to fill the open positions. We are looking for dynamic individuals who are result oriented and who amidst challenges go forward and post results and accomplishments.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out disease diagnostic tests and assays in microbiology, bacteriology, serology, or molecular/PCR analyses and other areas as may be assigned to him/her by management.
- Take part in sample collection, processing and transportation to diagnostic facilities under supervision
- Actively participate in developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for relevant diagnostic assays and others as may arise from time to time.
- Maintain quality management systems in the laboratory, develop standards, verify equipment functions and calibration.
- The incumbent will ensure the laboratory environment is maintained clean, safe and secure at all times as specified in the set standard operating procedures and participate in any risk assessment and risk mitigation/ management procedures that may arise.
- Ensure laboratory waste is managed according to approved SOPs and other international procedures and standards the laboratory is a subscribed to.
- Maintain the quality and safety of laboratory equipment, reagents and supplies.
- Work alongside the quality assurance officer to ensure the quality management in the laboratory conforms to international standards for accreditation, as well as make necessary personal efforts to undertake relevant trainings for accreditation.
- The jobholder will formulate Annual Operations Plans and monthly work plans and ensure timely and constant supply of laboratory supplies and reagents.
- Write their routine relevant reports.
- Perform any other duty as assigned by Management and or supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold Diploma/degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or its equivalent from a recognized Institution.
- Must be registered and licensed with the Allied Health Professionals Council and possession of GCLP certificate is of an added advantage.
- Minimum of two (2yrs) of experience conducting similar work
How to Apply:
Please send the following documents by email to [email protected] and quote the job title and reference number (Check top of advert for reference number):
- Updated CV and cover letter which demonstrate that you are suitable for the job role including your contact information and three work related references in PDF format should be sent as one document. Attach copies of academic certificates.
Since the system is automated, some applications that do not follow the above procedure can be missed out. Only short listed applicants will be contacted
Deadline: 25th July, 2022 by 5 pm