Job Title: Laboratory Assistant (Fresher US NGO Jobs)
Organisation: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Imvepi, Uganda
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities which support them, as well as those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, we improve outcomes in the areas of health, safety, economic wellbeing, education, and power.
Job Summary: The Laboratory Assistant will ensure that laboratory services of the health facility are well planned for, provided with necessary resources and implemented in accordance with set policies and standards. They will ensure that laboratory services at the site are well managed, laboratory investigations on clients are carried out, the required health quality control of laboratory reagents and equipment is maintained and laboratory reagents and supplies are effectively used.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out phlebotomy for all tests to be conducted.
- Receive/collect, lab samples and analyze/test them.
- Keep accurate records and confidentiality of tests conducted.
- Carry out laboratory tests and produce accurate results.
- Participate in development/updating and implementation of laboratory standard operation procedures (SOPs).
- Actively participate in report writing by compiling reports on tests carried out at the health facility laboratory.
- Carry out quality control of laboratory reagents and equipment.
- Assist in drawing-up laboratory plans and budgets.
- Mentor the laboratory volunteers, and any other trainees.
- Ensure safety of clients in the laboratory.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Certificate in Laboratory technology or diagnostics.
- At least two years working experience in in a similar position.
- Experience in planning, organizing, and coordinating health activities.
- Experience in Information management.
- Counselling skills.
- Communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Team building skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below
Deadline: 22nd June 2023