Job Title: Service Mapping Officer (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities which support them, as well as those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, we improve outcomes in the areas of health, safety, economic wellbeing, education, and power.
Job Summary: IRC is seeking Service Mapping Officer, based in Kampala with frequent travel to Kyaka II settlement/ Kyegegwa under the direct supervision of the Signpost Manager. The Service Mapping Officer will lead on the mapping and regular update of services and service providers in response to the information needs of clients in Kyaka II and Kampala. The position will work closely with other signpost staff; all IRC sector leads; humanitarian, governance and development actors among others.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify service providers through field visits, information from field teams, coordination meetings, working groups, desk research, social media, referral pathways, user surveys/FGDs, etc.
- Develop tools such as new service entry form, service entry update template, and new service provider agreement.
- Communicate with service providers on a continuous basis to ensure accuracy and consistency of information on the service map.
- Maintain ongoing communication with Signpost Product Manager on site strategy, features, and issues.
- Coordinate with other actors mapping services to avoid duplication of efforts.
- Send the draft (preview) entry to the service provider for confirmation and ask for clarification where necessary.
- Conduct regular field visits when feasible to verify services offered and capture any access barriers.
- Reviewing the content and design of the service map on an ongoing basis.
- Work closely with Signpost moderators who are in direct touch with users to verify service information.
- Conduct training for service providers on how to use the service map and solicit feedback from providers.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism, Media, Public information, or another relevant field
- At least three to five years of demonstrated experience in mapping of services and development of interactive and physical service maps.
- Experience working with a humanitarian organization or context.
- Previous experience with CMS systems
- Self-starter — must be productive with minimal direction and flexible to sudden changes in requirements.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Clear and consistent communication style.
- Experience in User Centered Design a plus.
- Advanced English language skills, oral and written.
- Experience in content editing.
- Strong writing and proofreading skills.
- Passion for writing.
- Strong interpersonal and time-management skills; shown ability to prioritize and deliver on time.
- Great attention to detail
- Strong analytic problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a multifaceted, cross-functional team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.).
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 31st May 2023