Job Title: Learning and Development Manager
Organisation: KCB Bank Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
KCB Bank Uganda which is part of KCB Group, East Africa’s largest commercial bank that was established in 1896. Over the years, the Bank has grown and spread its wings into Tanzania, South Sudan, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi completing the East African circuit in the year 2012. Today, the Group has the largest branch network in the region with over 238 branches, 950 ATMs and 8,000 agents offering banking services on a 24/7 basis in East Africa. KCB Bank Uganda was established in the year 2007 and has grown to become one of Uganda’s top ten commercial banks. Currently KCB Bank Uganda has 14 branches complemented with 16 ATMs spread on Kampala Road, Commercial Plaza, Ben Kiwanuka, Luwum Street, Oasis Mall Sixth Street, Arua, Elgon Masaba, Fort Portal, Gulu, Hoima, Lira, Mbarara and Jinja that offer trade financing, corporate and retail banking services to customers.
Job Summary: The Learning and Development Manager will be required to understand the learning and development requirements of the Bank, its various products, business processes, develop effective working relationships with the key stakeholders by developing, coordinating, delivering, and evaluating effective learning interventions across a range of business areas.
The Learning and Development Manager will report to the Head of Human Resources.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement the Bank’s staff development policy and ensure that the Bank’s learning and development program is implemented and evaluated according to plan such that there is continuous improvement in standards of performance.
- Establish strong partnerships with the business teams to gain a strong understanding of current business issues and opportunities to develop & implement high impact learning & development programs in line with business needs and priorities.
- Identify cross functional and cross category staff training and learning and development needs throughout the Bank focused on continuous improvement.
- Develop and implement the training strategy. Manage the development and execution of Training Needs Analysis (TNA), training calendar and training delivery.
- Develop learning, development and talent plans and budgets in line with the TNA.
- Develop, review, and maintain training curriculum, content, material documents, manuals, aids, tools, and media.
- Act as a consultant and or internal advisor to internal customers on Learning and development issues.
- Manage the KCB Uganda Succession Planning framework.
- Provide various communication and implementation guidelines to enable the learning organization and culture across KCB Uganda
- Create and define necessary competencies and skill requirements for the different job profiles.
- Manage the mentoring and coaching for Performance Program and coordinate the Graduate Trainee program.
- Oversee the implementation of KCB Uganda HR change management initiatives that pertain to staff development.
- Collating feedback on completed training to evaluate and measure results and make improvements where required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Industrial Psychology, Social Science.
- A Masters or Postgraduate in Human Resources will be an added advantage.
- At-least 3 to 5 years’ experience in the field of Training and development in a reputable organization.
- At-least 2 years’ experience in consulting, job analysis, design and/or evaluation.
- Experience in Performance Management.
- Experience in Talent and Succession Management programs.
- Existing knowledge of effective learning and development methods and experience with e-learning platforms and practices
- Experience in project management and budgeting
- Good appreciation of alignment of learning interventions to business strategy.
- Ability to conceptualize, challenge the status quo and drive improvements.
- Strong business acumen; understanding business implications of decisions.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently, and effectively.
- Excellent planning, organization, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent presentation and reporting skills.
- Creative with great execution and follow through.
- HR subject matter expert.
- Self-driven and flexible to long working hours.
- Stress tolerance.
- Ability to work with teams to drive and deliver results.
- Proficient in MS Office with good knowledge of the latest Learning & Developments trends & software.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below
Deadline: 25th August 2022