Job Title: Universal Banker (Several No Experience Teller Jobs)
Organisation: Absa Group Limited (formerly Barclays Bank UK)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Absa Group Limited (formerly Barclays Bank UK) is a diversified standalone African financial services group, delivering an integrated set of products and services across personal and business banking, corporate and investment banking, wealth, investment management and insurance. Absa Group Limited is listed on the JSE and is one of Africa’s largest diversified financial services groups with a presence in 12 countries across the continent and around 41 000 employees.
Job Summary: To process bank teller transactions accurately and timeously through the execution of predefined objectives, ensuring that customers are assisted promptly and in a friendly manner..
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute cash & related transactions: Throughout each day, balance, control and manage the cash float by checking the amount of cash at the teller station and requesting the restocking or repatriation of cash when prescribed cash limits are reached Dispense and receive physical cash, cheques, travellers cheques, drafts and other financial instruments over the counter to walk in customers Process and encash cheques presented by customers for deposit or pay-out after checking identification, account details and other prescribed controls.
- Be vigilant for fraudulent or suspicious activities and report all concerns to the team leader or branch manager before processing the transaction or dispensing the cash Adherence to policies especially when handling with cheques, notes, ID’s, etc, under the 2 ID Buddy to prevent fraud.
- Refer any transactions in excess of teller mandate limits to a mandated official and / or line manager for authorisation
- Capture all transactions on the Bank system and ensure that all transactions are properly authorised before finalising the processing
- Carefully count all cash received or dispensed to ensure that errors are avoided by making use of the applicable cash counting equipment in your branch
- Reconcile own cash at the beginning and end of each day as well as when cash is restocked during the day.
- Prepare reconciliation reports for audit and management review purposes
- Ensure that journals are processed to recover charges for manual transactions processed for customers Ensure adherence to the SARB minimum requirements
- Provide advice to customers on the cash and other transactions processes to ensure the smooth flow of transactions
- Exhaust all attempts to resolve customer enquiries before escalating to other departments or the line manager
- Provide Regular feedback to customers on the progress of their enquiries
- Explain the Bank’s procedures, security requirements (such as ID requirements when transacting) as well as service offerings available to customers Rep0rt customer complaints on the Bank’s Customer Care process (CCP) to facilitate feedback to improve service to customers
- Guide customers on how to correctly complete transaction documentation such as deposits, withdrawals, cheque requisition slips to ensure accuracy and completeness of these documents
- Ensure accuracy and efficiency when engaging with the customer.
- Ensure friendly, focussed customer interaction at all times Portray a professional image and ensure that personal appearance conforms to Absa Corporate Image standards
- Ensure adherence to the Corporate Wear policy
- Maintain a neat and tidy workstation at all times Pro-actively arrange your workspace to ensure sufficient stationary is in place prior to the branch opening.
- Regularly read the pricing documents relating to Teller transactions to assist clients with better solutions for their transactions and also benefit at the end of the day Adhere to the policy and procedure on the issuing of pins and statements in order to solution the customer at point of contact. Ensure migration of clients with CW transactions less than R4000 and CD of less than R8000 to Digital & Self-help channels and provide the necessary assistance.
- Maintain speed and agility at all times when assisting clients in order to minimise shortages and surpluses.
- Market products by giving out booklets or pamphlets to customers drawing large amounts of money and educate them of alternative ways on transacting. Educate customers on the use of the Internet Kiosk.
- Identifying sales leads: Identify and action sales leads (teller prompts) and cross selling opportunities Explain the campaign details, during sales campaigns in brief and direct to clients to Sales Consultants for further information Effectively use of sales tools (e.g. teller prompts) in order to ensure the provision of leads to contribute to Branch Sales
- Take responsibility of own sales targets and assist daily by providing client solutioning according to their product needs Capture all other leads on SMD once agreed by client
- Follow up all leads with Sales Consultants on SMD to make sure clients are contacted | Compliance and Risk Management: Open & close the branch safe according to the Bank’s procedures, including physically securing the safe according to required procedures
- Conduct cash counts and visual checks as assigned by the line manager from time to time
- Ensure that all transaction records are kept and / or mailed in accordance with Bank procedures
- Keep transactions records available for control purposes Before processing transactions, verify that all information is accurate and complete in accordance with the Bank’s procedure.
- Refer any concerns to the line manager for follow up and decision making on whether to proceed Follow cash management procedures and limits as prescribed
- Familiarise with content of all communication, i.e. circulars, bulletins, risk day agenda’s and alerts, etc.
- Adhere to prescribed control measures to prevent fraud, losses and shortages
- Report suspicious transactions as per Money Laundering control frameworks
- Complete and maintain applicable registers (Teller and Key registers)
- Adhere to safety and security procedures and follow prescribed instructions in event of robbery Cubicles, teller drawers and workstations to be kept locked when leaving workstation
- Follow off-line procedures and comply with all regulatory and compliance requirements
- Manage security items i.e. Cash, Teller stamps, Safe keys, combinations and FBSS cards in line with policies and procedures
- Up skill your knowledge regularly with policies and procedures regarding your daily teller duties, cheques, Fraud, Foreign Exchange, this will help you also to prevent fraud
- Ensure up-skilling on fault reporting and testing processes & procedures of Equipment used at teller environment i.e. note & coin counters, TCR Machines, etc.
- Adhere to end of day procedures (ABSA 3368) Adhere to Branch Paper mandate when processing and / or authorising transactions, ensure processing within correct limits & mandates
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the ABSA Bank job must hold relevant qualifications
- Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join ABSA Group in the aforementioned capacity should apply online at the link below.