Job Title: Livelihoods and Food Security Technical Assistant (2 Positions)
Organisation: Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Duty Station: Yumbe, Uganda
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Job Summary: The Livelihoods and Food Security Technical Assistant Uganda will provide technical support to LFS Technical Officer in delivering project outputs and support monitoring project performance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines.
- Assist a range of support with the implementation of the LFS portfolio according to the plan of action.
- Implements independently, procedures, and activities within own function or core competency as delegated.
- Responsible for organizing and delivery of tasks in line with priorities and standards.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the specialist area of work in which technical assistance and support are provided, to be most effective in supporting the team.
- Use initiative in day-to-day problem-solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities, and standards for the area of work.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement in your area of expertise.
- Mobilization of community and identification of target beneficiaries with the support of the Technical Officer and Coordinator
- Conduct technical training for groups, and individuals as per training modules.
- Support Community Contact person in extension services
- Conduct sensitization on GAP and SAP as per design.
- Collect information for reporting and documentation of best practices.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should have relevant qualifications
- Experience working as LFS Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Minimum of two years of working experience in the field of LFS
- Knowledge and experience within a relevant administration, craft, or technical field and ideally a relevant vocational qualification.
- Previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of FFS
- Knowledge of VSLA
- Knowledge of IGA
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust.
- Communicating with impact and respect
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan applicants should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 20th July 2023