Job Tittle: Communications Officer.
Job Summary: The Communications Officer will primarily be responsible for the development and implementation of the Agricultural Business Initiative Trust’s communications strategy and manage the Brand of the Trust in line with the strategic business objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage aBi Trust public relations programs to ensure that stakeholders and the general public are informed of the purpose, activities, limitations and achievements of the Trust;
- Prepare regular (monthly and quarterly) and ad hoc performance reports for the Chief Executive Officer;
- Gather, edit, and write content for and maintain the aBi Trust website and promote awareness of the site;
- Prepare speeches for the Chief Executive Officer, the Board and other speakers for presentation at aBi and related occasions;
- Be responsible for capturing, packaging, synthesizing and sharing aBi’s successes through methods such as success stories disseminated through the web site, Newsletter, conference presentations, case studies, and posts on the aBi blog;
- Responsible for the development and dissemination of literature, including drafting regular and ad hoc Trust reports in consultation with the M&E officer. Chief Managers and the Chief Executive Officer;
- Increase the profile of the aBi’s work by writing monthly success stories, fact sheets, drafting press releases, articles, etc., as noted in the annual work plan and informed by programme results;
- Ensure and facilitate adherence to reporting requirements, including reviewing quarterly and annual reports for content and branding requirements and assisting with quarterly review slides and presentation as well as liaise with M&E Manager on final report preparation;
- Offer on-going capacity-building support for programme staff on communications and knowledge exchange tools, templates, resources and approaches;
- Develop programmes and activities aimed at strengthening aBi Image and corporate brand and be the custodian of the aBi Brand;
- Manage aBi’s participation in external events (i.e trade shows and exhibitions)
- Ensure access to information by authorized persons/agencies relating to the activities of the Trust, including performance against published benchmarks;
- Perform other functions and duties that may be delegated to the position from time to time;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess a University degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations;
- An advanced university degree in a related discipline will be an advantage
- Five (5) or more years of progressive responsible professional work experience in communication, print and broadcast media or interactive digital media with hands on experience with handling websites.
- The applicant should have working knowledge of Formulating Strategies and Concepts;
- Significant experience working with online content management system
- Keen sense of graphic design; experience with Adobe Photoshop
- Adept in using Microsoft Office applications, particularly PowerPoint; high proficiency with HTML
- Excellent English writing and editing skills_
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates with a penchant for humanities should please send their applications including detailed curriculum vitae giving three referees and copies of academic and professional certificates / testimonials bye-mail only to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Documents should not be more than 2GB.
Deadline: 13th December 2013