Job Title: Manager, Payments
Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage payments in all aspects of business and is accountable for timely and accurate processing of all outward, incoming domestic and international payments instructions.
- Represent payments at all internal and external forums.
- Develops and implements operational strategies and tactics by continuously analysing the payments process and measuring against benchmarks to ensure better management of the Payments function
- Identify, assess, and mitigate the risks facing both systems and business processes thereby minimising the operational risks.
- Drive a performance management and career development culture through mentoring and motivating in regular team and one-on-one meetings to ensure optimal performance and minimise staff turnover rate.
Also Read: Personal Banker – Incremental Housing Loans Job – Housing Finance Bank
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Stanbic Bank Manager, Payments job must hold a Degree in any business-related field Graduate majoring in Banking, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or related disciplines.
- Broad understanding of clearing or payment activities, rules, and regulations.
- Understanding of the Bank, systems, processes, and procedures.
- Understanding the basics of team dynamics and participation in developing and maintaining a team culture.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.